SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_in_kansas

More Savannah/Charleston area questions....

jennifer_in_kansas
10 years ago

I've been watching Mtnrdredux's thread with interest. There's been a lot of great advice that has really helped me quite a bit.

DH & I are traveling to the Savannah/Charleston area in a few weeks. I'm planning 1 day in Savannah but still need to decide what to do with 3 additional days. Would you help?

We'd like to visit the beach and Charleston. The beach or some ocean time is a must. Even though we don't golf, I feel like we should visit Hilton Head. My other idea is to take the Adventures Harbor Tour out of Charleston and maybe afterwards drive to a local beach. Any other ideas?

Other things we (okay, I) would like to do is visit a plantation, eat fabulous southern food and find a fun place to have a cocktail and people-watch. A historical military site would be nice, too, if time permits. We like to walk but I have foot issues that prevent me from doing more than 2-3 hrs at a time.

Should we try for 1 night in Hilton Head (or another island) and 2 nights in Charleston? I'm afraid this might be pushing it.

For those who have visited or live there, how would you plan these post-Savannah 3 days? All suggestions welcome.

TIA,
Jennifer

Comments (14)