SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Longwood Garden Roll Call

jojoco
last year
last modified: last year

We're just about a week away from our meetup in the gardens on Saturday, December 10th! I can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones! The weather for the day is partly cloudy with a high of 44 degrees. That's perfect--not too cold and not too warm.

This was the tentative (at best) old attendee list from the poll. Please confirm if you can make it and for those who may now be able to join us, please add your name to the list.

Jojoco

Funky- maybe at best, but probably not. :(

3Katz

Kitchenwitch

Dedtired

Salonva

Hhireno

Maire_cate

AraphoRd - maybe?

Logistics: Parking: I suggest we plan on meeting at Longwood Gardens at 12:30. Depending on traffic, you may be directed to park in the nearby satellite parking lot vs the main lot. Don't worry. The satellite lot is very close and buses will take you right to the entry point (the "Visitors' Center).We'll meet in the Visitor's Center (that's the only building where you can enter.) Once you enter look over to the left side for the benches and a cell phone charging station. It's a small area. I'll be there with my silver Longwood name tag ("Joanne"). We'll wait until everyone has arrived and then go through the gates into the garden. Everyone's admission will be covered by me.

We'll start with a short outdoor tour and visit to the Peirce du Pont house and then head to lunch in the cafe (It will be too crowded at 12:30--best to wait til after 1.) After lunch we'll head to the conservatory for a tour. We'll finish the day back at the Visitor's Center gift shop. I anticipate being done by 4:30 or so (full disclosure--dh and I have a Christmas party in Philly to attend later that night so I have to leave by 5.) The christmas lights start coming on at noon and by four thirty or so, the lights should be visible. If anyone wants to leave and come back later to fully experience the magic of the lights, I will give you an extra ticket since Longwood has a no re-entry policy.

The weather looks great--dress in layers as the conservatory is usually pretty warm. One warning--it will be very crowded as that day is basically sold out. The only place that will feel crowded is the Conservatory. I usually mask up in there, but totally up to each of you.

Finally, please send me a pm so that I can send you my cell phone number in case you need to get in touch with me.

I am so looking forward to this!

Jo

Comments (105)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES