SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gracefullyaged

Overwhelmed and Overthinking (Little Girls' Christmas Clothes)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I am looking for matching or coordinating outfits for two gorgeous little girls to have their pictures taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus: one is 5 years old and wears a size 7; the other will be 10 months old and wears a size 18 months.

We are excited because our DS and family will be flying in for two weeks on Christmas day. We haven’t seen them since February when DGD2 was born.

Since they won’t arrive until late on Christmas, we will celebrate Christmas Eve on 26 December and Christmas on 27 December.

I’ve arranged for Santa and Mrs. Claus to visit us at 7pm on the 26th. I know this seems late, but their body clocks and schedules will still be three hours behind and mama says this is a good time of day for them.

I’m hoping for some really good pictures to have enlarged for use as future Christmas décor (and to trigger wonderful memories).

There are SO many choices and this is where the overthinking comes in: Should the fabrics match? Hanna Andersson has an adorable bubble romper and dress in matching plaid. Will the baby look like a boy since there is no smocking or lace on the romper?

Maybe they can just coordinate. Should I buy cute velvet dresses? Can’t get red. It will blend right in to Santa (experienced this with DG1’s first Christmas). Maybe just Christmas play clothes? Leggings and tunics?

Since it will be in the evening, can we get by with Christmas pajamas? Will the 5-year-old protest since it will feel like 4pm to her (at least it will be quite dark!)?

I know you all have the best taste. Please help!

Comments (12)