SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
otherchuck

Is there a liquid caulk that pours almost like water into tiny gap?

otherchuck
last year

Greetings,

Part of the bottom floor of my house is below grade, and outside that section is a concrete patio (so, when inside looking out the window of my 'basement lounge,' the patio outside is about at hip level). Our house is cinder block at that section, and a tiny gap has opened up where the concrete patio hits the cinder block. That gap might be 1/16th or 1/8th of an inch wide, and runs for about 5 ft. The problem is, when we get a substantial amount of rain (which is rare, because I live in southern California, USA), water gets into that crack and seeps eventually into the basement lounge. Not a huge crisis, but I'd like to fix it if I can.

I have some Flex-Seal product that will probably work okay (though I have never worked with it before), but I would rather have something that doesn't just kind of sit on the surface but which is more fluid such that I can pour/inject it down into the crack, and allow it to seal from within. However, in order to get such a product elegantly into the crack, without having it make a mess on the surface, it would have to be pretty darn fluid, much closer to water than honey. Does such a product exist?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Otherchuck

PS: I thought of using Gorilla glue which expands a little as it dries, but I have botched projects in the past by failing to guess how much the glue will expand, so I am reluctant to choose that option here

Comment (1)