SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lascatx_gw

WIP -- Question about Liquid Nails

lascatx
16 years ago

I decided to try the liquid nails on my BB and the pennies. They set up quickly, although I apparently didn't have enough glue on a couple that came loose when I ran my hand over them. I reglued those.

The first pennies have now had better than 24 hours (but it started raining yesterday afternoon nd is very samp now). Those are firmly on the ball, but they can be pried off. I haevn't decided whether to grout, leave the caramel colored ball showing through or top with a second layer of pennies over the gaps in the first layer (the liquid nails holds 2 pennies together with no ability to pry by hand and fingernails. Maybe a chisel.)

I'm about 1/3 of the way through the ball and don't want to continue if the pennies will still pry off after more curing time. Does the liquid nails get stronger after a day or two? Is my BB just un-stick-able? Yes, this is the smae one the bad tube f GEII Was used on, but it has been thoroughly cleaned nad dried.

WOuld you proceed and plan on grouting for reinforcement? The single layer is looking good, but I like the look of 2 layers too -- although it's a lot more pennies to get and to glue for a ball I'm giving away. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments (10)