What is your favorite hand/skin lotion?
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (49)
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Discussions
Need help for skin-damaged hands
Comments (18)My husband uses the Neutrogena Hand Cream in tubes. You may see advertising about it being the "kind fishermen use". It is an extremely heavy cream, which he applies heavily before work. It soaks into his skin during the drive to his job, kind of leaves a coating on skin for the day. Husband works outside all day, seldom wears gloves in his farrier work. This is the ONLY cream he has used that stays working all day. Seems to only need it applied that once in the AM. He tried ALL the others, Corn Huskers, Bag Balm, along with a number of home remedies like straight lanolin and rendered goose grease. The skin still would split and crack despite repeated applications. I have also had great luck with this Neutrogena cream, but usually put it on before bed, because I don't have the time to let it soak in during the morning. It is pretty wonderful stuff, sure has helped both of us in not getting the deep skin cracks of the past. I do wear my gloves!! While I consider all of their products wonderful, the handcream in the tube, only comes in the tube. None of their other handcreams, lotions, are the same heavy mix as the tube stuff. The soothing lotion is close, but not as stiff and heavy. I would give the handcream a few days or week, to show the best effects if his hands are so very bad. I would have him put it on a couple times a day, when he can let it soak in. It will make his hands slippery! Start with a little dab, tiny, rub it in to see how far it goes. I work it into the cuticles especially, may leave a bit extra there to soak in slowly. Then apply more and rub it in skin of hands. Most folk squirt out way too much, can't rub it all in, have to share with someone or wipe off on a towel. You should see results within a couple days, but raw, split skin closing, healing, takes a bit more time. I use this heavy handcream on my horses when they have new skin that needs protection from the cold wind, dry air of winter to prevent splitting scabs open. Works pretty well. I am always amazed at how long those small, 3oz tubes last. I guess because you only need a bit to do both your hands. You might check with his Dr., to see if any of his medications are having dry skin as a side effect. The hot water hand washing, harsh soaps can be a big factor in skin drying as others mentioned. The bar soaps Neutrogena puts out are very cleansing, without being terribly skin drying. Work well in any water type, and in either hot or cold water. I take mine camping. You never know what the water will wash like, biodegradable fast. Bars do need good drainage so bars don't melt away real fast. Hope some of these ideas are useful. Split skin on your hands is SO hard to live with, constant chance of infections when working....See MoreWhat is your favorite sunless tanning lotion?
Comments (11)I love Bare Escentuals self Tanner in the big bottle w the brush applicator, it produces such a deep rich natural color. it does not smell bad, actually smells like almonds. I put it on an hour before bed, let it dry, put on PJ's that are white and get into pastel yellow bed sheets. it never ever stains clothes or bedding. i got it thru QVC i think it was around $50 but i've had the big bottle for 2 yrs now. i use it year round here in orlando, once or twice a week. i love the brush applicator, you can apply the tanner w/o getting it on your hands and get the brush rinsed w/o getting your hands wet. when I am done w this bottle I am trying St Tropez Dark foaming tanner that they use on DWTS. it applys w a mitt. i spend alot of $ on products, facials and services to look 20 yrs younger I am not going to add to my ageing w getting a real tan. I had skin cancer @ 22 from using tanning beds in my teens so now finally in my 40's I have given up on a real tan LOL ~ liz...See MoreSkin lotion in summertime, an EITHER/OR premise?
Comments (18)I am an evenings shower person. I use skin lotion after every shower. This way my skin has plenty of time to soak up the benefits of lotion. :) I do use sunscreen, or wear long sleeves and long overalls outside during yard work. I prefer the latter, seems like I don't sweat as much covered up, over use of sun screen. To add because of the head sunburn post, I also always wear a hat, while gardening. Now, when cycling I sunscreen, and usually wear long sleeves during the most intense sun time, noon till about 5 here in Oklahoma. My lotion of choice is Curel, buy it in the BIG bottle at Sams. Moni...See MorePlease post / link to your favorite non-motorized hand mixer
Comments (22)dcward89 - I was expecting a fork :) crl_, blfenton, nightowl - Yes, that's what I'm looking for. Lily Spider - I usually do the same (whisk eggs with a fork). mayflowers - thank you for naming the spring whisk. I have one, and occasionally use it, but did not know what it was called. sjhockeyfan - I think it's a lot about the space/volume with which I have to work. For a smaller bowl of something fairly liquid which I'd like to blend quickly, my first inclination would be the egg beaters. (Perhaps the large KA is in use and I don't feel like assembling - and cleaning! - the hand mixer or immersion blender). Also, I grew up baking with my mom and using the egg beater at times, and it feels right. nightowl - the reviews on the oxo beater are quite good (and I do like oxo products), but I sort of wish it were all metal, and one piece. I checked Williams Sonoma, and they link to the same beater you show. The SS rotary egg beaters have mixed reviews. I'd love to find a good German or Swiss one - but searches are not turning any up. I appreciate the input from all, thank you!...See More- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Stories

COLORBathed in Color: Favorite Yellows and Golds for the Bath
Get a golden glow for your bathroom with these expert paint picks and ideas for yellow walls
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNWorld of Design: Favorite Recipes From Food Lovers Around the Globe
Travel with your tastebuds and experience for yourself these international foodies' favorite dishes
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESHow to Deadhead Roses and Other Garden Favorites
Follow this basic guide and learn how to properly deadhead roses and other flowers
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDES10 Foodie Favorites to Kick-Start Your Edible Garden
Get ready to plant these herbs and vegetables this spring to bring gourmet flavors from your garden into your kitchen
Full Story
FALL GARDENING20 Favorite Flowers for the Fall Landscape
Vivid blooms and striking shapes make these annuals and perennials a delight in autumn gardens
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGDishwasher vs. Hand-Washing Debate Finally Solved — Sort Of
Readers in 8 countries weigh in on whether an appliance saves time, water and sanity or if washing by hand is the only saving grace
Full Story
ECLECTIC HOMESMy Houzz: Colorful Hand Painting Bedecks a Creative Home
A kaleidoscope of colors on walls, furniture and fabrics brings an energetic spirit to a 1920s colonial in Texas
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Victorian's Beauty Is More Than Skin Deep
A London home keeps its historic facade but is otherwise rebuilt to be a model of modern energy-efficiency
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNThe Most Popular Kitchen Storage Ideas of 2015
Maximizing every inch, keeping necessities close at hand and finding room for technology top Houzzer favorites
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME10 Friendly Furniture Pieces for a Comforting Home
Comfortable? Check. Sociable? Check. These enduring favorites never go out of style
Full StorySponsored



LoneJack Zn 6a, KC