SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

Four More Roses

Forgive me for blathering on endlessly about my doings, but I feel like a kid in a candy store only even more excited than that. After looking at dirt for two years I finally have the hope that I can have roses again, although nothing like the eighty plus I had at one time. It's more like twenty plus and that is more than enough to begin with and I may never have more. Today I ordered six roses from Roses Unlimited but that didn't seem completely satisfying as they won't arrive until the end of April of next year. I went to Rogue Valley Roses since I heard here they have Aunt Margy's Rose, a rose that I had before and loved very much. Of course you cannot order only one rose, so I added Lauren, a creation of Kim Rupert, International Herald Tribune, a wonderful rose that I've grown before (I believe Jeri Jennings has/had it also) and Yves Piaget (I'm surprised it wasn't sold out but fortunately for me the picture on the site is horrid). No old roses in this bunch but I do believe they will all look very well among my old roses. Two of them will add some rich lavender/purple tones which are necessary among the whites, pale pinks and one or two yellows that I have so far in the main rose area. As if all this weren't enough, it's supposed to rain tomorrow and Tuesday!

Comments (18)