SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

I'll show you mine/you show me yours - Th 11/3/22

Monday: Happy Halloween!

Tuesday-Friday: We'll focus on gratitude. Every day, post something you're grateful for.

--------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

Comments (12)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    last year

I am grateful for our pond and all the wildlife it attracts and harbors, from 9 lb bass to a giant snapping turtle to frogs...yes even the Canada Geese can look nice on the water when there aren't too many. Here Milly the Muskrat gives me delight when she holds her tail up in the air...her rudder in life. Other creatures attracted include birds like heron and king fishers and various ducks, plus deer, mink, and weasels. Once even a river otter. And countless dragon flies and darning needles who sport such interesting colors.

• eld6161
    last year
    last modified: last year

View outside my kitchen window

Not everyone in my suburban neighborhood has a house with tree views

• OutsidePlaying
    last year

Grateful for the opportunity to travel as much as we have both in the US and abroad.

• stacey_mb
    last year

I am extremely grateful for the public library and am fortunate to have one near enough that I can walk there. The library has provided enormous benefit to me both for entertainment and education.

• Jasdip
    last year

Stacey, just last week I stopped in at the library as I was walking by. I was shocked by how few books there are now. All the revolving racks were removed, and nothing older than a couple of years by the author I was looking for. I wanted to read some of his earlier work to catch up. I've been getting my books from the Little Libraries scattered around town.

• nicole___
    last year

Colorado is BEAUTIFUL! Very grateful to live here.

• dedtired
    last year

I too am grateful for my wonderful public library, and for the travel Ive been able to do . To include both a library and travel, here is the Trinity College Library in Dublin.

• LynnNM
    last year

I’m grateful to see and be able to observe all the beautiful wild animals around us here!

• wildchild2x2
    last year

There are two horses here. The one nearest is my sweet, cranky, opinionated, chestnut mare, school horse Lady. On the other side is my instructor's gelding. I thought all was lost when my old instructor had to shut down her business due to the draconian shutdowns in my county during the pandemic. But those two horses saved my sanity, and kept my life normal while so many were in isolation. I am forever grateful that I was allowed to continue riding though out the craziness. I was a beginning English rider. Lady made me into the western rider I am today. She suffered through all my errors, and bonded with me as a partner. In the midst of the crazy I said I wanted to enter a virtual endurance race. My instructor who I consider my mentor, is a cantankerous old horseman. He looked at me like I had grown a third eye, then shook his head and grinned, and said I could use her for the 3 months I had to get it done. He suffers through my attitude and we also have a bond. That bond was formed as rode and got through some personal rough times. Words weren't needed. We focused on riding. Getting a green rider through a hundred trail miles during a pandemic, a fire, light and darkness, heat waves and downpours is quite a task, but the four of us did it. Came in way ahead of many who own their own horses. In fact I do believe she was the only by the hour school horse entered. I not only gained the skills I have today but I gained a new family, became even more mentally tough, physically fitter and found a new path to follow. I am forever grateful for that and Lady is symbolic of that time and experience. I've moved on to more advanced horses but I still ask to take her on a long trail ride now and then. When I do, it's like we never parted.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    last year

Also grateful for travel. Accommodation in the Kalahari.

• OutsidePlaying
    last year

Wildchild, i enjoyed your story very much.

• Jasdip
    last year

I love that Wildchild. She's gorgeous, mind you I don't think I've ever seen an ugly horse. I love them.