Earth breeze detergent sheets
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (16)
Related Discussions
Natural, more earth friendly laundry detergents
Comments (18)I've tried LOTS of green detergents. They could do an episode of Hoarders in my laundry room. Moderately hard midwestern water.. fairly sensitive to artificial scents. I do often use a small amount of STPP and sodium percarbonate or hydrogen peroxide bleach. One thing I noitce is that scents RARELY make it through the dryer cycle. Green detergents seem to vary by person/water much more than the 'Petro' products. Here's my experience: Great: Ecover: Zero powder (Very effective, but likes 2 rinses), liquid 2x (Alpine mint and zero) Charlie's- My old standby, powder for most anything; liquid for fleece and sportswear. Has removed garage floor black grease/dirt covered jeans for me Biokleen Premium Plus - Light citrus, works well Puracy - Good ingredients, ultra concentrated with a pump, good results ECOS with enzymes (Sam's Club) has done well for me after a few uses. Very economical Win Green. My best results on fleece/sportswear (with H202) Good: Biokleen: free and clear powder, liquid, coldwater, sports liquid. Ok cleaning. I like the scents in bottle, sport has a eucalyptus bite, doesn't seem any more effective than others from the brand Nellies. I know it's supposed to be similar to Charlie's, but hasn't worked quite as well for me OK: Caldrea Lavender Pine. $$$$$ Average cleaning, Smells decent, similar to Mrs Meyers (They're siblings) with the ingredients, but easier to use Method. Lavender Cedar. Works well, but has optical brighteners (yuck) Zum: Soap, not detergent. Makes it to OK mostly for the unique scents (discovered on my quest for a masculine laundry detergent..Cedar, pine mint, rosemary tea tree, patchouli, frankincense and Myrrh....). Not an exceptional cleaner with hard water..I like it for bed linen duty as a touch of the scent remains if you don't overdry. Meh: Mrs Meyers. Way too thick, terrible dribbling packaging. Lemon Verbena smell gives me a headache, average cleaning. Lots of strange ingredients in it Seventh Generation Ultra Powder Mandarin Sandalwood. Smells good in jar, like the ingredients, but doesn't smell clean out of washer. Vaska. Wanted to like this one..but still suds after 3 rinses and so-so cleaning. Green Fabric Softeners. Occasionally use for sheets. All work about the same, scent doesn't usually make it out of the dryer Vaska Lavender Caldrea Lavender Seventh Gen (free and clear and blue eucalyptus) Ecover Sunny Day. might work the best, but a headache scent for me...See MoreTide detergent and others
Comments (78)I always thought powders work great in cold water, because that box of Cheer told me they did. (ha!) And to me, "Cold" included the incoming tapwater cold in winter, which is 50-55° F (we are zone 6/7 gardening zone). One day, all my dark clothes started coming out of the washing machine covered in white linty looking stuff. Of course we couldn't see it on the whites and lighter color garments. (ack) I scheduled a service call, and guy took our old-fashioned top-load Whirpool washer apart. There was 1/2 to 1 inch of dried powder detergent residue caked at the bottom of the drum. (that was 20 years ago so i forget exactly amount....it was thick) That was 8-ish years of accumulated undissolved powder that reached a tipping point and finally started showing up on our clothing. He carried it outdoors and we both worked on chiseling that residue out. Service call wasn't cheap, either. Since then, I found this forum and learned a LOT about doing laundry properly. And I thank each of you who participates here....See MoreLaundry detergent suggestions please.
Comments (33)Same as rich69b since our son had severe eczema. We still use unscented laundry detergents. All Free & Clear. Scents, even faint ones, can give me an instant headache. After my mother and I had allergic reactions to dryer sheets in the late 70s, I will not use them. My reaction was minor, even though I was in HS and it was across my cheek (from pillowcase?), but hers was the entire abdomen area and it took several years to overcome. One warning about Nellie's - I used for several years when DD2 discovered. Even though I wiped the clear front load washing machine door after each load, it built up to a hazy while. Her machine did too, even with the same practice....See MoreEarth Breeze
Comments (1)I've never heard of it. What do you like about it?...See More- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Stories

FEEL-GOOD HOMESimple Pleasures: The Joy of Fresh Sheets
Make your bed a place of comfort and relaxation with good-quality linens, ample pillows and other pleasing accoutrements
Full Story
BEDROOMSWhat to Look for When Buying Sheets
An expert shares her insight on fabrics, finishes and signs of quality, and on how to keep bed linens looking their best
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Earth-Friendlier Finds for the Home
Reduce paper and plastic use the simple, stylish way with ecoconscious kitchen, laundry and bathroom items
Full Story
MOST POPULAREasy Green: 23 Ways to Reduce Waste at Home
Pick from this plethora of earth-friendly ideas to send less to the landfill and keep more money in your pocket
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNGreen and Clean: Ecofriendly Bath Floors
Foot-massaging pebble tile, beautiful recycled glass and more can help make your bathroom beautiful and earth friendly
Full Story
Guest Picks: Laundry Room Mini Makeover
The laundry area gets a fresh look with storage options and helpful tools to make washing and folding a breeze
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDWorld of Design: A Cool Place to Call Home
Aussie architects snap up a third global award for their innovative take on workers’ apartments on a remote cattle ranch
Full Story
THE HARDWORKING HOMEClever Ways to Rethink the Linen Closet
The Hardworking Home: Get rid of those toppling piles with these ideas for organizing bedding, towels and more
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Clean Your Washing Machine
Cleaning your washer once a month will ensure that it stays spick-and-span along with your clothes
Full Story
ROOTS OF STYLEDesign Through the Decades: The 1970s
Concern for the planet spurs a shift toward ecologically and socially responsible architecture and products
Full Story
Elmer J Fudd