SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_663376732

I need thoughts/suggestion on pricing please! I need some help!

I’ve recently started my own interior/exterior floral design co. After being a floral designer for a few years. I’m very grateful because things are popping off. I wanted not focus on full service events and was requested to do two families (they are neighbors) front entry way displays for fall. This work is my jam. Very elaborate and bountiful, as these homes are quite large, and needed to stand out. They wanted similar overall design, but different colors. This required 2 15 in w x 34 in tall cement planters. I painted them white because I could not find any decent ones the Large size they needed. Cost 210 a pop not including paint. I did fountain grass, cabbages, mums, and some creepy Jenny in each planter. I did a huge funky wreath about 8 feet long, 1 foot wide and the sides hanging about 4 feet of dried, fake and real flowers. I also FILLed their front porch with heirloom pumpkins, mums, gourds, cabbage. I added some touches near the mailbox and long drive way to pull It all together. And I also purchased new doormat rugs for each home along with some high end lanterns and high end electric candles. Last touch were some additional spotlights/walkway lights to illuminate the display. Each family was amazing in handing all the design and creativity over to me in terms of the vision. Now, Im extremely particular and serious with my invoices especially for larger jobs since I want to make use they are charged for what is actually used, vs what isn’t. I really try to be as mindful as I can. I came up with a reasonable price for the designs, search & sourcing, labor, product, installation and breakdown, insurance, travel time (about 35 min from me and had to take multiple trips because I couldn’t possibly fit 10-15 mums, 20 pumpkins ect in my suv in one go). Now I am second guessing it because I was told I should be charging based on a different formula.. Should I charge like a floral designer, or landscape design (was looking into similar fields since this isn’t a specific title) contractors, hardscapers, plantscapes ?? Im trying to be really fair considering all the different ways and methods to coming up with final cost. I know this is a lot but I really could use some input here because this was a TON of work, but I also know I am not 15 years deep in the business. But I am confident of my designs and my service. I can’t find really too much at all online either, and I’ve looked a good bit.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!