SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
medha_nanal

Hood dilemma : Range in front of a window and needs a vent hood.

homey_bird
last year

Hello,

I am doing an ADU project, and as per my city regulations, I will need a hood because I have chosen a range as a heating option in the small, linear kitchen.

Some basic constraints: This is an existing structure with 8' high ceilings (will remain that way), and the small linear kitchen AND the window in front will also stay that way (We are at a stage where we will spend $$ to change any of these constraints, though in hindsight these issues should have been hashed out. Anyway). Also, the sink plumbing is in place (in case it matters!).

We have a 24" cooking range (electric) planned here (again, this cannot change at this point).

I am trying to select a hood for this range, however, currently, there is an issue with that. As shown in the floor plan included, there is a large window in front of the kitchen counter and the range. This would preclude the option of a regular over-the-range hood or a cabinet-based hood.

We are considering an island hood, because it will look nice from inside and outside. We are having trouble finding many small island hoods. I have found one that might fit the bill, and my designer/contractor is recommending a circular hood -- which I will have a tough time getting my husband to accept, since he does not want to do off-beat things :-)

https://www.prolinerangehoods.com/24-island-range-hood-6-speed-plfi-520-24.html

• Any reviews/experiences/feedback on this company/specific product?
  • Are there any other island hoods you have had a good experience with, for small ranges?

Comments (6)