SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_94056703

Quartz counter top questions for craftsman style home

Victoria
last year
last modified: last year

We are currently renovating the kitchen of our 100 year old craftsman style home. The cabinets will be walnut slab lower cabinets and large island with warm white slab upper cabinets. The tile we are using for the backsplash is a warm matte white subway tile, cabinet hardware is antiqued brass and the pendant fixtures are brass industrial domes for over the island. We are also incorporating a 36" black enamel induction range and chimney hood into the design. I am very conflicted about the counter tops. I need to do a large / jumbo slab and will be using quartz for all the counter surfaces. I cannot decide on a color. I thought I wanted to do a soldi white like Cambria Whitehall or Caesarstone Blizzard but would not be opposed to MSI Carrara Breve or CS Frosty Carrina. I do not like bold veins in the counter surface because I feel like it conflicts with the large expanses of stone walls that are in the interior of my house, however I am seeing more and more quartz with lots of movement in it as a current trend and worry I am making a mistake.

Please note that in the attached photos, there is also a black wood burning stove in the kitchen

I would appreciate any feedback or input about counter tops based on the links below and the photos of my house so you can get the right vibe for what we are doing. Thank you!

AGA Mercury Range

AGA Chimney Hood

Nemo Cape Cod Eastham Tile

Omnia Handles

Upper Cabinet Color

Lower cabinet

Pendant Lights

Comments (29)