SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardengrl66

Another "mixed metal" thread - pendants and pulls

Still slogging through the lighting-fixture process. And still as color-blind as ever :) Supply chain being what it is, I am having trouble finding the pendants I would like over my kitchen island, in the finish I thought I wanted. I want just a basic schoolhouse pendant (well, two of them). The other metal things in the kitchen are all in the stainless/brushed nickel family, but it has been impossible to find a brushed-nickel schoolhouse pendant, in a reasonable size for my island, at a reasonable price (we are now close to 100% over budget - supply chain, labor costs, you all know the song). I've looked on all the sites you lovely people have recommended (Thanks to you I did find a sconce, though backordered till December...) All the companies seem to have the oil-rubbed bronze, or something similar, so now I'm trying to think out of the box.

Our island is a totally different color than the perimeter. It is brown, with a white marble top whereas the perimeter is white with soapstone counters. So now, I am thinking that the cabinet pulls do not all have to match, and I could do something different with the island pulls and pendants. Would the ORB-type color work well, do you think? Or is that too dark against the cabinets - maybe an actual brass-y color? What metal looks good with this color cabinet, and is likely to be in good supply in lighting fixtures? Floor is a neutral oak, currently covered with paper. For bonus points please recommend a size on the pendant globe - island is 9 x 4 feet. 12 inches? Bigger?

Island cabs:

Perimeter cabs:

The type of light I am looking for (not married to this brand at all, it's for example):

Comments (9)