SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gbright36

Another Mixing Metal Question

6 years ago

I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel, and have read so many blogs about mixing metals, but it is so hard to figure out what to do when it's your kitchen. We decided to remodel the kitchen a couple of years after having already replaced our lighting and door knobs that were originally brass to satin nickel. Even though I really like satin nickel, it is beginning to feel like if i use that on my cabinet pulls and pendant lighting over my bar that it's just too much.

My question is whether I can get away with using polished chrome for my pulls and pendant lighting over my bar? My kitchen is white with white/gray counters and gray walls. I have all stainless steel appliances with a SS faucet as well. I feel it needs something to make it pop. All of my lighting is in close proximity of the bar, so that's something to consider as well. My kitchen is relatively small.

This is keeping me awake at night because I need to make a decision fast because my cabinet guy is waiting on me. Any suggestions or help would be great! Thanks!

Comments (3)