SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyemerald

Mixing metals - all or nothing?

Bunny
10 years ago

I've chickened out on mixing metals in my guest bath. I have a satin nickel door handle that won't be changed and it seems irrelevant at this point.

My vanity faucet and bath hardware are chrome. I blithely ordered a brushed nickel vanity light and at the 11th hour cancelled the order and ordered a completely different light in chrome. So chrome(1) + chrome(2) + chrome(3). I caved, I matched.

I need a towel bar, hook, and toilet paper holder. I don't see the point in not going with chrome(4), unless it's just to be contrary and instead it might look like a miss.

But, there's vanity pulls/knobs to choose. I think this is the place where I don't have to match. It's a mid-stained alder. I'm thinking either black or ?? Not brushed nickel, which would seem a real miss at this point, right? Or am I being silly to be hesitant to mix brushed nickel and chrome?

I'll have gray floors, carrara counters and white subways in the bath/shower. With all the chrome but not really wanting chrome knobs/pulls, what would you do?

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz