Has any one had siatica?
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (24)
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
Related Discussions
Leucothoe axillaris, has anyone had success with this one?
Comments (19)This discussion of exposure is very helpful. Since I rarely get the placement right on any plant and end up moving them more than once. Maybe this will help me figure it out better this time around. I have to agree Wendy, that depending on trees and structures, locations can differ so much. The way the neighbor's trees and all our fences are situated, it has created a wind 'alley' effect down one of my borders, from West to East. I am still experimenting with what works. I could plant a taxus at one end that might cut down on wind there, but I grow perennials in that border and my veggie garden is near there and I thought the wind is probably an asset as far as keeping down the mildew diseases. I only have a few evergreens and I'm adding more, little by little. I did have someone come and prune for me in the spring and he remarked that he was surprised that my boxwood do so well. They rarely have any winter damage. I must have just got lucky because I didn't even know about winter damage when I planted them. [g] One is in the front facing East with the house behind, another is in the back against the house facing west and one is on the north side of my southern lot line, stockade fence. So maybe this would be good locations for the leucothoe? Sorry to hear about your leaf problems in zone 8, BBoy. I guess every zone has it's challenges. Ego....that sounds right to me too. Because I've read that the morning sun hitting the evergreens is what causes the problem, when they warm up and then get cold again, right? I find I have the most difficult time deciding to plant anything in my northern exposures though. It always seems so dark there, I'm afraid to put anything there. [g] And my West exposure does get sun in the afternoon. I haven't figured out yet, how much wind the plants are exposed to in those beds. They have the house behind them. I don't think I have a bed with a Northwest exposure. I'm happy to hear you aren't getting sunburn on the Pierises. I have just bought two of them in the last year and I enjoy them. One is facing East and I am planting the other facing south in the shade of a Maple. Interesting that you should mention the hydrangea bloom, ego. I read that you were supposed to plant them facing East and that is where most of them went. I have noticed that I don't get as much bloom as I thought I should. I moved one into a more Southeast location and it is blooming better and I plan on adding another one in the spring that would get a more southern exposure too....See MoreHas anyone had any success with Pawpaws?
Comments (11)As my 'NC-1' pawpaw has grown, I've become increasingly impressed with its aesthetic qualities and resilience. I planted one 'NC-1' and one 'Pennsylvania Golden' several years ago. The NC-1 was a larger plant initially, and has grown very well. It has bloomed the last two years. The habit is very striking with long, dark green leaves that droop gracefully. Fall color has been a lovely consistent yellow. The leaves seem to drop all at once when the temperature gets low enough. There has been no fruit. The 'Pennsylvania Golden' was a very small plant and thus well within reach of the snails/slugs, and as bboy indicated above, they have been ruthless. I wrote it off last year but it survived and looks a bit better this year, but still has not grown much. No flowering and thus no fruit on this plant, and also no cross pollination for the 'NC-1'. Both plants have been very drought tolerant in my rather dry sandy soil with only occasional watering. I would like to see more of these planted based on my experiences, but larger specimens will be a better bet if you have slugs or snails....See MoreHas anyone had good luck with any portable tvs?
Comments (0)I've had several portable tvs (like 5"-7" screens) - the Action tv did last a while. I need it mainly for the car. The problem with the Action seems to be the cigarette lighter connection but I've bought two or three connections at Radio Shack and have the same problem (different brands, too). It would power up, or it takes a long time to power up and then if you barely tap the tv or hit a bump, it goes out. I paid $115 for a Trinity and it didn't work well. Very frustrating. So I bought two others and could barely get reception, if at all, returned them. Just bought a Sylvania at Best Buy for $30 and it was great the first couple of days and when it DOES get a picture, its a good one. Since then, sometimes it comes on, sometimes not, and sometimes it powers up but without a picture at all. This one does seem to take bumps easier though. I was wondering if any of you have had good luck with a particular one and if you used it in a car. I don't want one you have to have installed. Any suggestions or recommendations?...See MoreHas anyone had any experience with chair lifts?
Comments (9)My sister lives in senior housing in N.Y. state and a fewyears ago they put one in for her.First they put handrails,then as she aged and her health was not so good they put the lift in.She loves it and says it saved her life as she couldn't go up and down anymore as she lives on the 2nd floor. Those are the dumbest senior apts i've ever seen,told her a man must have designed them(no offense to men ).The stairs are very steep and there is no landing to stop and rest at,and when you get to the top there is no door,gate or anything of that nature at the top. Among being older she is also an epileptic,and we always worry about getting too close to the stairs on the way to the kitchen,lose her balance or have a seizure and tumble down those stairs. When she first moved in many years ago they didn't even have the hand rails,she had to request them.She lives in a very small town so there aren't a lot of choices for seniors. Kathi...See More- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Stories

REMODELING GUIDESOne Guy Found a $175,000 Comic in His Wall. What Has Your Home Hidden?
Have you found a treasure, large or small, when remodeling your house? We want to see it!
Full Story
STUDIOS AND WORKSHOPSA New Book Offers Ideas for a Garden ‘Room of One’s Own’
Practical advice and enviable inspiration sheds are all you need to start planning your own backyard getaway
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGHow to Go Through a Deceased Loved One’s Belongings
A professional organizer offers sensitive and practical advice on sorting through a loved one’s things
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN12 Great Kitchen Styles — Which One’s for You?
Sometimes you can be surprised by the kitchen style that really calls to you. The proof is in the pictures
Full Story
ROOM OF THE DAYRoom of the Day: A Place of One’s Own
This renter’s college graduation present was not what you might expect
Full Story
CONTAINER GARDENSWant Compelling Garden Minimalism? Think One Plant, One Pot
Highlight a show-worthy stunner or elevate a pedestrian plant by giving it a solo starring role in the garden
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Clean Your Bathmat — and When You Need a New One
An expert who has seen his share of dirty bath rugs shares advice on how to keep them clean
Full Story
LANDSCAPE DESIGNHow to Look Good From Any Angle (the Garden Edition)
Does your garden pique interest from one vista but fall flat from another? These tips and case-study landscapes can help
Full Story
KIDS’ SPACESWho Says a Dining Room Has to Be a Dining Room?
Chucking the builder’s floor plan, a family reassigns rooms to work better for their needs
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Innovative Home Reunites Generations Under One Roof
Parents build a bright and sunny modern house where they can age in place alongside their 3 grown children and significant others
Full Story


LoneJack Zn 6a, KC