SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcrawf

White cabinets and black countertop...what finish for hardware?

mcrawf
last year

Hello! My brown/wood cabinets are currently being painted BM Chantilly Lace by a local company. The existing cabinetry has one coat so far. I am planning to use the existing black granite countertop and replace the backsplash with a white subway tile of some sort. I would love to use Cle zellige tile or a tile with some softness and texture, but probably go with affordable basic white subway tile. I LOVE the look and warmth of brass hardware with white cabinets. However, when I searched photos of "white kitchen black counters," most people chose a polished/satin nickel hardware finish. I would like for the kitchen style to be feminine and transitional. The rest of my home has transitional/traditional decor - oil rubbed bronze and nickel finishes throughout. I am considering Top Knobs "Brixton" (#3 below) or "Lily"(#2 below) pull in honey bronze. Possibly Richelieu pull as third favorite (#1 below). No knobs that I love so far...possibly Essex. Would you recommend brass or polished/satin nickel for the hardware? Any specific hardware links appreciated!

Comments (18)