SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_339647040

Pretty pumpkin project

Jilly
last year

I was doing a stencil project today (big fail, we are not discussing it) and came across this project using transfers on a metal pumpkin:

https://homewithmarieza.com/decorating-a-pumpkin-with-floral-transfers/

Isn’t it pretty? So many possibilties with colors and patterns.

Of course mine would never turn out that nice. It’d be more like …

Comments (49)

• nini804
    last year

Omg, i laughed too hard at that tattoo!!😂🤣 Yes, that pumpkin is so cute!

Jilly thanked nini804
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

I so want to try one, nini! I think those metal pumpkins are pretty inexpensive. And when I muck it up, I’ll just paint over it. 😆

• deegw
    last year

Too funny. Jinx, did you look at the supply list? It looks like she purchased $50 of craft supplies to decorate a $2 Dollar Tree pumpkin.

Jilly thanked deegw
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

Dee, oops, no. I got distracted by Ohh, shiny! :D

• lisaam
    last year

Am being very lazy and have not read the procedure but do like that pretty blue pumpkin.

i wonder if the transfers would stick to a real pumpkin that has been painted. Realizing that one would lose the nice texture.t

Jilly thanked lisaam
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Lisa, she used a type of chalk paint, maybe it would work on a real pumpkin? Good question!

• nicole___
    last year

Have you watched Bad Ink....🎃 We love that show!

Jilly thanked nicole___
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Nicole, no, will look it up!

• nicole___
    last year

We've watched so many episodes, they're like family. Take a peek...

Jilly thanked nicole___
  • User
    last year

These pumpkins are gorgeous! Someone give it a try and let us know if it's hard to do!

And Jinx, your recent project was most certainly not a fail! It's wonderful! You should share it here. ❤️

Jilly thanked User
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you, Ida! :)

• barncatz
    last year

"Don’t you think it looks super cute and much better than before?"

#LifeGoals

Jilly thanked barncatz
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

😄

• Bluebell66
    last year

Pretty pumpkin! Mine would probably turn out like the tattoo, too. Have you seen where people decoupage pretty napkins to pumpkins? They separate the plys and use Mod Podge to brush the pretty top layer of the napkin to the pumpkin. That seems much easier and more my speed.

Decoupage Pumpkin

Another One

Jilly thanked Bluebell66
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Love those ideas, Bluebell, thanks! Beautiful!

• teeda
    last year

I was going to add the decoupage idea. I actually have all the materials to do it, minus the pumpkin. Maybe I'll give it a try today!

Jilly thanked teeda
  • lascatx
    last year

At first look, I thought it was an embroidered fabric pumpkin like I've been seeing in another group. That look, however you get there, seems to be very popular this year. If you do any crafting, you probably only need one or two things, if any other than the pumpkin.

Jilly thanked lascatx
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks, teeda and lascatz … and all … you all are getting me inspired!

• deegw
    last year

Oh my gosh, so cute!

Jilly thanked deegw
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Teeda! That looks fantastic! So pretty. 😍

• teeda
    last year

Not nearly as beautiful as the one you shared Jinx!

Jilly thanked teeda
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

I disagree! And I’m not just saying that. :)

• pudgeder
    last year

well now I'm going to go buy metal pumpkins on the way home.

Jilly thanked pudgeder
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Pudgeder, you have to show your work. :D

• lascatx
    last year

I actually like your pumpkin better -- cuz it goes with my colors. LOL You can make a pie with it later since you will remove the rind.

Jilly thanked lascatx
  • arcy_gw
    last year

Great job Teeda! We did this with Easter eggs a couple of years ago. People have decoupaged on plates for years with holiday napkins. The metal won't work but there are sooo many pumpkins out there from real to brown paper, to all sorts of faux looks. The most difficult part is finding just the right napkin!!

Jilly thanked arcy_gw
  • User
    last year

Teeda, I'm impressed! Your sweet little pumpkin looks marvelous!

Jilly thanked User
  • barncatz
    last year

I also think Teeda's pumpkin is amazing! I may or may not have recently spent a ridiculous amount of time looking at floral transfers online. I never knew they existed.

I am at the age where the experience of cleaning out my deceased mother's room in Assisted Living impressed me enough that I can't look at a stored decorative object, including a blue metal pumpkin, without imagining the reaction of whoever is going to have to deal with it after my death.

Jilly thanked barncatz
  • teeda
    last year

Thanks everyone. Jinx started it all! After I decoupaged the first pumpkin I went looking for ideas. Found a blogger who used the exact napkins I did, so I copied her idea of used the edge of the napkin. I love it. Looks like vintage china. Barncatz, sorry about your mom. I totally get it. I'm glad these pumpkins will disintegrate at the end of the season! Blog link: oliviaohern.com

Jilly thanked teeda
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Teeda, LOVE your pumpkins and vignette. Great job! 😍

• teeda
    last year

Thanks Jinx! It was fun.

Jilly thanked teeda
  • Tina Marie
    last year

Good job Teeda!

Jilly thanked Tina Marie
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Great job Teeda! I bought chinoiseire pumpkins on line years ago; yours are nicer.

Last year I too mini white pumpkins, made webs from elmers glue, and poured glitter on them to color the webs a coppery hue. Meh.

Look at this one

Jilly thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • teeda
    last year

Love that Mtn. Reminds me your cookie decorating!

Jilly thanked teeda
  • barncatz
    last year

@teeda, no worries, my mom died several years ago, but the "stuff" lessons remain vivid.

Jilly thanked barncatz
  • OutsidePlaying
    last year

Teeda and Jinx, those pumpkins are so cute! I am in awe of your skills. I have none.

Jilly thanked OutsidePlaying
  • lascatx
    last year

Teeda, Jinx and Mtn, the pumpkins are all so cute and fun. I want to make some, but I'm not doing anything beyond the single fairytale pumpkin we bought to sit by the front door (and cook later). I have boxes and suitcases and STUFF -- I think I had a more literal understanding of "a few boxes" coming to the house and the rest in storage. It's temporary. It's for a good cause. We'll figure out more before Christmas. I hope. But I kinda still want a cute pumpkin. LOL

Jilly thanked lascatx
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Last year, we had our Little Pumpkin in Pumpkin House as our front door carved one. We put a little machine in it that played spooky sounds, and a strobe light. The kids that came to the door loved it. :)

Wish I could show the video with sounds.

After Halloween, we put it on our patio with a battery candle, and enjoyed it when we had wine out there in the evenings. It lasted quite a while.

ETA: I should add I got the idea from the Williams Sonoma site, I can’t take credit for it! DH did a great job carving it. My contribution was the happy face. :D

• lisaam
    last year

That baby pumpkin inside is so funny and cute, i hope you do this again this year

Jilly thanked lisaam
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks, Lisa! We definitely will, the trick or treaters loved it. :)

• teeda
    last year

That is adorable Jinx!

Jilly thanked teeda
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks, teeda!

• deegw
    last year

So clever! I wonder if you could do that with a hollow foam pumpkin? Then you could re-use it for a few years.

Jilly thanked deegw
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Thaks, dee! I hadn’t thought of that, will discuss with DH. :)

• lascatx
    last year

Jinx, that is so cute. I was thinking of decorating or carving the foam pumpkin we have. No reason it can't be both! LOL

Jilly thanked lascatx
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you, lascatx!

Currently taking a break from doing our wagon display. It’s so dang hot out here!

Last year’s … we do the same every year. It has spider lights on fence, the jack o‘ lantern has lights, and we have a spotlight on it at night. Hard to see the wagon, it’s very cute with iron wheels.

DH is getting the giant spider web up.

• gsciencechick
    last year

These pumpkins look fabulous. I haven’t bought any yet. But I found some fun string lights at CVS. DH is going to hang them like we do the Christmas lights in the archway.

Jilly thanked gsciencechick
  • nicole___
    last year

Teeda, Mtn....Those pumpkins are BEAUTIFUL!

Jilly thanked nicole___