SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_484905796

My downstaires neighbor complains about squeaky floor

HU-484905796
last year
last modified: last year

My family(my husband, 2 daughters and me)have lived on 2nd floor apartment in 2 family house for more than 15 years and never got a complaint about floor noise until my new neighbors moved in downstairs about 3 years ago. They kept complaining about walking around the bedroom to get ready to go to bed after a long day(especially my younger daughter doing her lots of homework and projects late at night on her desk and get ready to go to bed mostly) so we adjusted our life pattern to show our effort to reduce the noise from the squeaky floor, apologized every time they complained and tried our best. Now they are complaining since last week about my daughter getting up early at 6am to go to school(she has to catch the 6:30am train to go to school). My daughter is 15 and she is aware of the problem so she tries to minimize her movement when she is in her room. This morning at 6:20, downstairs neighbor called me and complained about waking them up. This house is really old and floor makes squeaky sound eventhough
I carefully take a step or two. Of course it didn't make a sound when I moved in 16 years ago. Right after my downstaires neighbor complained for a while, I discussed with my landlord and he installed the new carpet on the floors in my bedroom and my daughter's room. Is it really a serious fault that we walk around the bedroom at 6am to start a day? I really want to know if my family is doing wrong and if there's any solution. Do I have to discuss it with my landlord?

Comment (1)