SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliciar876

Noise complaint/harassment issues from downstairs neighbor

aliciar876
10 years ago

Hey.. I was wondering if anyone had advice. For the past 6 months my down stairs neighbor has been filing complaints to the HOA on me regarding noise issues. I will admit his first compliant was ligit b/c my dog was barking at 5 am, but since that complain my dog hasn't done that since. He works nights from (8pm to 2 am) so when I"m up and moving around he is sleeping, I work from home so I am at my house most of the day. I have done everything in my power to not leave my dog alone for more than an hr at a time (my dog does suffer from seperation aniexty and I have working with my vet to get this under control) but nothing I do seems to please my down stairs neighbor. Last week I left my dog alone for an hr at 12 in the afternoon and I returned home to find a note on my door complaining about my dog. I have started leaving a recorder on when I leave my dog a lone just to see what she does and she does bark for may 2 or 3 mins but then stops. but just tonight I had relative of his that actually owe the condo he lives in some and "talk " to me about a resolution. SHe starting talking to me about when he parents lived in the condo and what they did to the person who used to own my place and how they had fees charged against him and even tried to sue him ... I felt like she was threatening me so I asked her if she was and her tone and attitude changed quickly. She kept saying how I needed to respect his "rest time" which happens to be from 5 am to 2 pm and how I need to be a respectful neighbor and that me making loud nosies at 12 in the afternoon isn't very respectful.
I feel like now no matter what I do nothing will please them. I have even gone to the extreme of keeping my dog at my parents house most of the week just to keep the peace but I dont feel like I should have to carter to him just b/c he chose to work at night and has to sleep during the day. I mean he chose to live in a place where he will have neighbor coming and going. The relative has even gone and starting talking to all the neighbors about me. I feel like I'm being harassed.
I'm I over reacting, or not doing enough to keep the peace, should I be quiet as a mouse during his "rest time". Any advice would be great.
thanks

Comments (20)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County