SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joshua_luongo

Gallery Wall In living room help!

Joshua Luongo
last year

Hi everyone! thanks to some great suggestions by some members here- i've added curtains to soften the room, a new rug, etc (which i still hate LOL)

Keep in mind I may swap the orange accent chair for a brown leather, and also where the snake plant is- is going to be another chair- then may swap the rug for one with orange accents!

Anyway...

This wall here! I've decided a gallery art wall will be best, finding a huge piece of art to fit that is.. well, hard AND seems bulky/ugly.

But I do have a few questions about it.

1- Is it to my detriment to mix the art-styles? I really love classic, but I also really love pop-art, vintage movie posters, and classical-Japanese, but I don't know how that would make things feel chaotic?

2- Do all the colors have to exactly match? I feel like using all art with shades of blue/orange/white might be overwhelming?

3- How big should it be? I feel like if it covers the whole wall that will be very overwhelming, but too little, and there is that awkward space of blankness before the steps, any suggestions??

I really lean more towards an eclectic style, although a tamer version, think cozy coffee shop in Amsterdam, but not tame enough that it doesn't promote creativity and imagination.. if that makes any sense lol

Comments (10)