SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fleurssauvages

Who to call? This can't be good...

I appreciate any advice anyone can give in advance. We just purchased this home a few months ago, and of course, things are starting to go wrong. I'm tackling them one by one though, doing the best I can. So recently I noticed mushrooms, yes, mushrooms growing out of the wood frame for our deck door. This can't be good. And in all honesty, I wanted to get the door replaced at some point as we hate it (blinds inside the glass are always jamming, the door jams, only one side is usable - the other side is, I guess, fake?) But I wasn't planning on replacing it any time soon. But anyway, is it just a door company that I call about this or do I need someone like a contractor to check the stability of everything? This is my first home and I'm so unsure, and I just want to make sure I'm contacting the right people.

As a side note, the home does not have gutters. It's a house from the ' 80s. We live in the south and had a ton of rain this summer and should have gotten the gutters put on right away, but we thought, well, it's been here in good condition since the '80s, no hurry. We have already called the gutter company though who is getting us an estimate

, so hopefully that will avoid too many future problems. Also, for what it's worth, had a termite inspection recently and that came back clear.

Comments (2)