SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wishiwereintheup

Help with master bath blank slate remodel layout

wishiwereintheup
last year
last modified: last year

I'm planning on a complete remodel of my master bath and do not have a good idea on how best to lay it out. The current layout wastes a lot of space. My plumber has given me carte blanche to arrange things as I like with the only exception being to not place the shower faucet on the outside wall. From what neighbors tell me, the bath originally had a jetted tub which was removed at some point and replaced with a custom tile shower. A filler wall was created for the plumbing to the shower faucet since the original plumbing and drain for the tub were not moved - the shower was built around the existing plumbing. The vanity is L shaped with two sinks. The room seems very small and I think would seem bigger if arranged better.

The only thing I definitely want is a shower with a prefab shower pan (i.e. not a tiled shower floor). A 60" long pan would be nice, but I could go with 48". My only other thought would be potentially replacing the door with a pocket door to save space. I can also go with a custom vanity to fit any dimensions (I have a cabinet maker).

The following diagrams are roughly to scale. The first contains the room dimensions with the location of the door and window. The second shows the current layout. The wall with the window is the only outside wall. Any suggestions?

Comments (5)