SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_472160820

Combining tiles in rooms next to each other, separated by doors

Eleni
last year
last modified: last year

We are renovating our house before moving in and although I have found the tiles/floor I would wish for each room, I wanted some advice regarding the combinations.Keep in mind it's a house in Germany, so the rooms are not huge like they are in the US. The entry room is a long rectangle with a flight of stairs (they will be all white) to the first floor on the right hand side, a door to the kitchen on the left and a door to the living/dining room at the other end of the room. Both the kitchen and the living room are separated from the hall way by doors that close.For the hallway I am looking at a retro tile in black and white, which I will also "surround" with a line of black tiles like a frame.For the kitchen I also have a retro style tile in mind, in grey and white tones. 99% exactly where the door frame is, we will put a connector stripe so the tiles won't be touching each other, but that's like 2-3cm thick.What do you think? If it were rooms without a proper door, just an opening, I would be going with wood floor everywhere, but I am just in love with retro tiles!!!I'll add pictures in the comments so that it's easier to envision.

Comments (12)