SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockysquirrel7

Whole floor master suite floor plan help

Hello! Never posted before, but have been enjoying reading the other posts. We're doing an addition for our home and building a partial second story that will be completely dedicated to a master suite. We want it to include a master bedroom, a large walk-in closet, a small extra room that we can use for an exercise room, and a good size master bath with a freestanding tub, double vanities, large shower, and toilet room. We've got a draftsman drawing up the plans, but I want to give him as much direction as possible since he's not really helping with the design process. I've got something I drew up and want to see if anyone is seeing some glaring issue (or opportunity!) that I'm not thinking of.

Couple of things I'm not sure about - the entrance from the stairs, is that too many doors in one spot? Is walking through the bathroom to the exercise room too awkward? Do the sizes of each area seem to make sense?

The only thing that can't change is the whole floor dimensions which is 20'x36' and the fact that we want the master to be on the side of the house that I have it in my drawing (that's where our views are). I'd like to keep the closet roughly where it is because the laundry room will be almost exactly below that spot and I'm dreaming of adding a laundry chute in the closet. Thanks in advance for the feed back!

Comments (13)