SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ryan_fehr

Can't figure out Liftmaster garage door issue

Ryan Fehr
last year

We recently moved into a house with 2 Garages. One of the openers has been finicky. Sometimes it either won't close at all or starts to close then opens back up. Over the course of the last 10 months is gone through periods where it worked fine and periods where it refuses to work. When it refuses to close, the light blinks 10 times.
Everything i can find online says this diagnostic code is for the safety sensors. This unit has 1 always solid yellow sending sensor and 1 green receiving sensor. I've tried fiddling with the sensors several times to no avail. The sensors are definitely lined up properly. The sender is always solid yellow and the receiver is always solid green. There's no change to this when pressing the open button either.
The other garage has an identical liftmaster opener, and the lights are solid yellow and solid green too. That garage door opener has worked flawlessly.
Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong here? What else can I check? Does 10 blinks have an alternative diagnosis not listed in the manual?

Comments (4)