SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moosemac_gw

Help with 8 Year Old Avocado in Container

moosemac
last year
last modified: last year

I started this avocado from seed 8-10 years ago. It has done great until last fall. It normally spends the cold weather in my living room with SE facing floor to ceiling windows. Last fall we were renovating so I relegated it to the unfinished basement with floor to ceiling SE facing windows and LED grow lights. The temperature in the basement varied between 50 and 70 degrees Farenheit. The tree dropped all its leaves in March. It recovered and I potted it up this spring. The roots looked healthy and I did not see any indication of scale or bugs.

It is now on my back deck with the same SE orientation. It has some issues. Some leaves are turning brown. I know it needs to be pruned but at this size I am unsure what should go. I have kept it on the same watering and feeding schedule it has always been on.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Side Note: It is now too big for my living room so I have arranged for the local greenhouse to babysit it for the colder months. I have Key Lime and Mission Olive trees that will be joining it there.

Comment

Sponsored