SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelazuill

Please help me decorate my laundry room

Angela Zuill
last year
last modified: last year

Hi! I am at the front end of a laundry room refresh- repainting, installing bead board, etc.

I'm still finalizing paint colors but have started installing 6 foot tall bead board along the walls (ceilings are 9 ft). I'm planning to paint the bead board something along the lines of chelsea gray (maybe lighter) to coordinate with the revere pewter in the connecting hallway, and planning to paint the top portion of the wall white dove. There is a window on the right side of the room not visible in the photo which will probably get a white cafe curtain. We had to replace the washer/dryer a couple of years ago, new set is gray, not white. I'd love to find a runner for the room as well but clueless on that currently- I get so overwhelmed with rug selection.

When we built our house 8 years ago our builder put 2 of the long fluorescent light fixtures in the laundry. They are functional but visually awful. I'm thinking I should replace them with flush (or semi flush) mount fixtures but was wondering what light fixtures you might have in your laundry/utility that you love or what you would recommend?

Any rug suggestions or other design thoughts are also very appreciated! Thanks guys!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting