SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katherine_rosa

What's going on with my peaches??

Anyone know what's happening here? Deeply creased peaches, some with dark brown spots that are kinda gross looking. The tree is young, going on 3 years, so there's only a half dozen peaches or so (I also thinned a few). They're nearly all like this, except one (which tasted pretty darn good). I haven't tasted the weird ones yet because they're a bit underripe.

I'm in a hot inland valley at the outskirts of the Bay Area, CA (zone 9, but 90-100 degrees during summer). I'm watching my water use closely because of the drought (& no one likes watery peaches), so it's possible they're underwatered. Fertility & ph of soil are pretty great (I had a soil test done in the fall). There are no pests on the tree, though we did have a bad thrips issue in the spring (though I didn't notice any on the peach tree & minute pirate mugs eventually took care of the issue). There are no worms or anything like that in the peach that I cut open.

(just fyi, the green-ish peach in the photos was picked a few weeks ago, because I wanted to see what was going on. the other weird ones on the tree are coloring up like normal, but the crease is still just as deep & weird).

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!