SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brookiebrook

How long until flooring colors turn warm?

I have a question for professionals who know where the trend is going over the next few years, or from people in parts of the country who are normally at the "front" of the trends. (I'm in the midwest and we still have people installing grey distressed lvp.) Basically, I want to know how long I'll be waiting to see what I want in stores.

This is a photoshop mockup of my kitchen / where my kitchen is going. We're currently in the process of a small remodel kitchen upcycle, changing out doors and putting in new trim. We also have a great opportunity to change the floors at cost, but I'm naturally drawn to very warm interior colors and I can't seem to find flooring that I LOVE from the industry's current offerings. The floor you see is Brazilian cherry laminate circa 2006 and despite it being quite dated I still like it enough. It has some issues though, so changing it out when I can do it for cost makes tremendous sense. Anyway that is the type of warmth I'm attracted to (maybe not that red this time around, but still very warm.)

I could still have this great opportunity 10 years from now, or it could disappear overnight so I'm measuring the risk of waiting and missing my chance against the knowledge that I'm settling for flooring I like but don't love.

I see signs that warmer might be where flooring is headed after the light Scandinavian look passes, but is that accurate and how long do you think I'll be waiting for it to hit products like LVP or laminate in common brands like Shaw?

Any ideas?

Comments (16)