SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mms_727

How long until seeds become plants?

mms_727
15 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am VERY new to gardening and have a couple quick questions...

I decided to plant some seeds (blueberry, groundcherry, blackberry, dwarf pink banana) in a peat moss/vermiculite/perlite mix (I mixed them). It's been 3 weeks- when will I see plants come up? I used the paper towel method to start the ground cherry seeds a week later. It's been two weeks and 4 days ago I planted them with little roots.

Am I doing something wrong? More patience? They are growing inside, in a makeshift greenhouse (shower curtain closed up/vaporizer to keep humidity) with a full spectrum grow light.

Any help/suggestions would be great. I should probably have gotten cuttings/plants, but those get really expensive (I'm a graduate student). I did get two plants- a miracle fruit plant which probably wasn't the greatest choice for 1st plant, but it sounded really neat- and a rose, but...not sure what happened to the rose- it went down quick. :( I think it wasn't enough light that's why I have the grow light now. Miracle fruit's leaves are greener now except several leaves are turning red.

Megan

Comments (6)