SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmartinlozano

Paint for fireplace

mmartinlozano
last year
last modified: last year

I am going to paint this living room's walls with SW White Duck and the trim with SW Pure White. To bring some interest to the room I am thinking of painting the breast of the fireplace a different color (see the names of the parts of a fireplace in one of the attached pictures). I am considering 4 colors:

1. SW Accessible Beige;

2. SW Dorian Gray

3. SW Worldly Gray

4. SW Dovetail

5. SW Urbane Bronze

I have these questions:

a) Do you think it is ok to paint the facing, mantel and shelf of the fireplace with Pure White (like the trim in the living room) and the breast a different color?

b) Which of the colors mentioned above would you use for the breast of the fireplace?

c) If I paint the breast a different color, should I also paint that color the small portion of wall at each side of it (5" at each side)? Or should I paint that portion of wall SW White Duck like the other walls?

d) What color should I paint the hearth and all that right now is black in the fireplace?

I am sending you the drawing with the living room measures as well as pictures of the living room. I am also sending a drawing with the names of the parts of a fireplace. I am also sending some models I did with Sherwin Williams online tool that shows how the breast of the mantel would look with Accessible Beige, Worldly Gray, Dovetail and Urbane Bronze.

I will greatly appreciate any suggestions regarding the above, as well as any other suggestions/ideas regarding the design of this living room.

Thank you all!

Comments (5)