SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

Blooming on Wednesday

Most of the flowers open today are seedlings. The youngest seedlings usually lead the way (they seem anxious to bloom their first year), but not so this year. We have had a really strange spring. It was cold but we we didn't have any major frosts after the daylilies started growing, but yet they seem damaged. It is the same with the fruit trees--hardly any fruit even on the cherries and the crabapple tree.

Chill had its first flower open today. We don't usually purchase white ones, but we got interested in some of Mike Huben's hybrids. This was selected because it is an extra early.

These are both Geometric Wizard X Smoke Shadows. I like the first one best.

Geometric Wizard X Smoke Shadows

This is an example of one that will be culled. It is Curious Cutie X Impressionist Sky. The plant is weak and the eye is meh.

This is the little one I posted yesterday--Penny's Worth X Peas and Thank You. Its sibling in peaking in at the bottom. And yes, all those buds belong to the yellow one.

Here's the sibling. It's not as orange as the photo shows.

The last two are siblings--Little Lemon Twist X Stella's Ruffled Fingers. The first looks a lot like its pod parent--maybe stronger scapes, but not well budded. The second one is muddy and will go eventually.

That's all for me.

Nancy

Comments (5)