SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_491553263233242

Contractor Damaged Kitchen Sink During Install

Ward Sorrick
last year

We just finished a pretty major interior remodel. New floors, electrical, kitchen/great room, master bath and master closet. The work finished a couple weeks ago, and we passed final inspections. We moved in about 2 weeks ago and have been working with the GC to complete a final punch list. However, one thing I didn't catch until just now is a pretty major ding on the front of our Kohler kitchen sink (this is the model).

Until just now, there was some kind of white out material covering the ding. It looks like whoever damaged it tried to cover their tracks without telling me. With just a little rubbing, I was able to fully remove whatever material was on there and now we have this large chip in the enamel of the sink.

So, do I ask the contractor to pay for replacing the whole sink? Do I just accept this as normal course of a remodel and buy some kind of white material to cover it up again and we live with this damaged sink? If so, any suggestions on what would make a good white out material?

Thanks,

Ward

Comments (2)