SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john_donodeo

Wrong window type installed during kitchen reno

John
2 years ago

In the middle of doing a full kitchen gut on my 1959 colonial. I'm deleting the window you see on the right, and the middle window (circled in red) is going to become two windows that are centered in the kitchen/sink. The big window you see on the left is the dining room window, which is staying. Inside the house, the kitchen and dining room are separated by a small wall (which helps in this situation).

I had asked for casement windows to match the style of downstairs windows, but GC installed double hung (the area that is circled is now two double hung windows where the kitchen sink is being relocated to). I've seen his work, and he is good, but I'm not the biggest fan of him and just trying to get through the project and back in my house at this point. Silver lining is that I have all double hung windows upstairs, so it's not a total mismatch. Plus, the view in the picture is from the back of the house. He claims we spoke about this, I don't remember that conversation.

I had wanted to keep it consistent with casement downstairs and double hung upstairs, but I know windows take a long time to be delivered and I would rather not delay the project. Wondering what you guys might advise. I spoke to him today, and it seems like changing the windows now would really delay the project. I feel like once I'm back in the house it won't bother me much. Just a bit annoyed because it wasn't what I asked for.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz