SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_355926557

Help with floor plan

TripleA
last year
last modified: last year

New construction, small production builder.10 ft ceilings. Currently 5br, 4.5 baths. Some customizations may be allowed at a cost but they're limited. The floor plan options are not the best but this is the best of the bunch and is what we have to work with due to the ridiculous market and looking for land and a home for years at this point without much success.
My question is regarding an additional full bathroom. We want a future proof this home by having a full bathroom on the main floor. Right now they offer an option to have this if you select an in-law suite option which is shown in the second pic. I don't love the idea of losing the dining altogether or having yet another legal bedroom. I was thinking of requesting customization by having a bathroom created as I have it in the third pic. That way we still have a dining space and don't lose all the southern light and can convert the flex room to a bedroom in the future as needed. However, if this request is rejected, are there any other ways you all can think of integrating a full bath into this floor plan? I could also have them delete the closets for the inlaw suite option but then we'd have a door to the bathroom right next to the dining room. I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions about any of this.

Comments (40)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH