SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
decker11

Help! Floorplan advice needed!

Kim
8 years ago

Love gardenweb-just spent hours researching countertop materials. So much knowledge here!

The latest from my designer is below for our remodel. We are removing the east wall to provide better flow/entertaining space and access to our patio (from the family room-east). Mud room is west, dining room south. I love everything except the fridge placement. I feel like the fridge is at the "wrong end" and should be closer to the east/family room. However, I could live with that, but also, our pantry is in the nook in the SE corner-opposite side of the room. I feel like I'll be running groceries all over the place to get them put away. Unfortunately, with all the "wants" we have, finding a home for our existing, regular depth fridge is difficult. Overall I like this floor plan except for the fridge....alternative could be to buy a counter depth fridge (which would fit NE corner where ovens are, but seems like a waste since my fridge is only 4 years old! Thoughts? Anyone think fridge/pantry distance is ok?

Comments (10)