SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suze425

Making the best use of cabinet space

Susan W
last year

May I pick some brains here?

This is the final layout on which we’ve landed. It’s not exactly what I wanted, but because of limitations over which I have no control, it’s what I’m getting. Aesthetically, I very happy with it. And really - at this point there’s nothing I can change.

My original plan included an island which would have given me more storage, but I ultimately nixed that idea. I’m waiting until this phase of the project is complete to decide if I want a worktable or freestanding/furniture island in the space, so I’m not sure what kind of storage I’ll end up with in that respect (if any.)

Can anyone share ideas and suggestions on how you might use this cabinet space? I’m pretty open as there are very few things to which I’m committed, other than:

Oils, etc. in the spice pull-out, along with larger spice containers. If our coffee grinder and coffee beans will fit in there, that would be wonderful.

Trash under the sink (Yes - I prefer it there rather than a trash pull-out, and I do not have a garbage disposal so there will be room.)

I will have ample pantry storage right next to the kitchen in my mudroom (the door by the range) which is also where things like my microwave and toaster will live. I like as little as possible on my countertops.

Thanks for anything you can provide - I find that the more I read here, the more ideas I hear about that probably would have never entered my head!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville