SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

What is your favorite type of store to shop in?

Kathsgrdn
last year

If any. I really don't like to shop for most things. Clothes and shoes are the worst. The only one I really love to shop in is a garden center/nursery. I am off this weekend so decided to spend an hour or so in my favorite nursery. I had to put a limit on what I could spend, though, otherwise it would be crazy and then I wouldn't have any place to plant anything when I got them home.

I usually browse the trees and bushes in the back but it was really hot today, 81. Plus, I have things to do in the garden! It's really nice, though, beautiful area with benches and a butterfly garden. They also have gardening related items inside to buy, like seeds, tools, gloves, pots, books, etc... It's probably my favorite store in Kentucky.

I was looking for a sweet pepper since one of the varities I started from seed didn't germinate. I ended up getting two. Also, needed a couple low growing flowers to put into pots out front. I got 2 begonias and a couple interesting very dark purple petunias. One of them is a tiny multiple petal variety that looks like a carnation or mini rose. I also got some cute miniature basil specifically to put in my plant tower. I went looking for orange mint which I didn't find. I did find the mint section and I have to say pineapple mint smells horrible. I picked up a stevia plant.

I would've gotten more but I had to walk away. Some people are addicted to buying shoes and purses, for me it's plants and seeds. How about you?

Comments (38)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County