Paprika Recipe Organizer Site: Help!
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (7)
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Discussions
revising a recipe....help needed
Comments (5)Yet one more frugal method.... "Magic Mix" is a recipe that was developed by the Utah Extension Service. There are several variations of the recipe (check on-line). I prefer the one made with cornstarch, instead of all-purpose flour, because I don't use commercial flour products. There is a recipe on-line that uses oil instead of butter, if you'd rather use a vegetable oil in the mix. It's a great little mix for making all kinds of things, including Cream of _______ soup. Magic Mix 2-1/3 c. dry powdered milk 1 c. all-purpose flour or 1/2 c. cornstarch 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature (I use coconut oil) Combine dry milk, flour or cornstarch, and butter into a large bowl. Mix with electric hand mixer until it looks like cornmeal. Keep mix tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to eight months. Yield: 5-cups. ---------------------------------------------------- CONDENSED CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP 1 c. Magic Mix 3/4 c. chicken broth 1 t. dried parsley flakes (optional) dash of onion salt Combine Magic mix and chicken broth. Stir constantly over medium-high heat until mixture thickens. Add parsley and a dash of onion salt. Use in any recipe calling for canned cream of chicken soup. -------------------------------------------------- CONDENSED CREAM OF CELERY SOUP 1 c. Magic Mix 3/4 c. water for cooking celery 1 c. chopped celery, cooked and drained pinch celery seed 1 t. dried parsley flakes (optional) Combine Magic Mix and water from cooking the celery. Stir constantly over medium-high heat until mixture thickens. Add celery, celery salt, and parsley. Use in any recipe calling for canned cream of celery soup. --------------------------------------------------- More recipes using Magic Mix: -McDonaldâÂÂs Cheeseburger Macaroni and Cheese http://everydayfoodstorage.net/2008/05/21/the-magic-of-magic-mix-recipes-perfect-for-kids/food-storage-recipes -Lemon Pepper Chicken Saute -Magic Mix White Sauce -Magic Mix Pudding http://everydayfoodstorage.net/2009/02/18/lemon-pepper-chicken-sautea-magic-mix-food-storage-recipe/food-storage-recipes -Unique Recipes From Magic Mix http://www.storefood.com/Grain/ldscn/44.html -Gluten-Free Magic Mix http://www.adventuresofaglutenfreemom.com/2010/01/gluten-free-magic-mix-2/ In the book, "I Can't Believe It's Food Storage" by Crystal Godfrey, there are even more recipes available using Magic Mix: -Pesto Alfredo Sauce -Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup -Condensed Cream of Broccoli Soup -Condensed Cream of Tomato Soup -Magic Mix Fudgsicles -Grainlady...See MoreLOOKING for: Paprika bacon?
Comments (12)I make it every year around Easter and is a very simple and easy recipe. Paprika Bacon Ingredients: 1 lb. slab of fresh pork belly,(bacon) with skin on (not sliced) 6 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled 2 bay leaves 1 tsp whole black peppercorns 3 Tbsp. salt 3 Tbsp. Hungarian Paprika, or more to taste Water for boiling Directions: Using the tip of a thin-bladed knife, deeply pierce the fat side (not the skin side) of the pork belly in 10 or 12 places, making sure not to go all the way through the skin on the other side. Poke the whole cloves of garlic (or halved cloves, if they’re especially large) into the slits. Place the pork belly, bay leaves, peppercorns, salt and 2 – 3 sliced garlic cloves in a large, heavy pot filled with cold water. Over medium heat, bring to a low simmer. Reduce the heat to just barely simmering, cover and cook about 3 hours, or until the skin is very soft and tender. Remove from the heat and take the pork out of the pot and drain, reserving the broth for other uses. Using paper towels, pat the pork completely dry and place on a large piece of wax paper, skin side down. Sprinkle the top of the pork belly very generously with the paprika. Wrap tightly with the wax paper and a layer of aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight or until thoroughly chilled....See MoreSmartShopper Grocery List Organizer
Comments (19)You're not the only one who remembers the merchant getting things for you. They had the long grabber to get things off the top shelf and these were not 7' high ceiling stores! Always liked going into Gandrud's store as a kid... after the folks got the groceries the owners always grabeed a few candy bars and slid into the bag and said "a little something for the kids!" I remembered that and would try to shop at that store when I started going out there myself. Unfortunately they were old when I was very young so they didn't have the store too much longer and a "bigger" store opened up again across the street and the new owners couldn't compete. We're talking a town with a population of 140 people or so which means they couldn't support too many competitors. Oh and BTW, in those days the candy bars weren't the little "fun size" ones you find now. They were the size of the extra big ones now and no it's not because I was smaller in those days! Depending on whether I have a lot or a little to get I divide the list differently. If just a few items I divide the list by refrigerated/frozen and non. Otherwise I break it up not by aisle because every store is different but rather I have sections for: Produce Deli Dry/canned goods H&B Paper Bakery Meat Dairy Frozen and maybe others depending on what I'm getting. By dividing by department rather than aisle I can use it in any store. Even the same chain but different locations are laid out differently so when I tried to do an aisle layout, it kept changing, even in the same store so it made it obsolete quickly. This system works well. I even have one list where I put frequently purchased items on there as a reminder but that seems to change a lot too! FWIW I've seen those large calendars for the frig often. They're out there. I never found a calendar to be particularly useful for my organizing system, perhaps it's the non-organized approach? When I did use a paper calendar a weekly one worked better for me. Monthly didn't give enough room to write everything. If I don't write it down, it gets forgotten too easily. I'll occasionally stop at a meat market or a bakery. Wish there were more of them around. When I first moved into my house there was a convenience store about a mile away and they had a butcher renting space from them so there was a full service meat counter in there! That was unique and *so* nice! But alas, the road was upgraded and the building was taken. I imagine the butcher might have just retired at that point rather that start up somewhere else. I don't like the mishmash of a store these days. One size fits nobody and the quality becomes mediocre at best. "Deli"? Yeah right. Everything is brought in via pouch for the meats, the "salads" (term used loosely) are made in a factory weeks ago, and taste it, and the prices are ridiculous....See MoreAny easy recipes for the crockpot to share?
Comments (59)I have made the 2 following crock pot recipes on several occasions. Last weekend both recipes were used for our annual neighborhood party. Both entrees were made at 7 houses. The 56 attendees gave both rave reviews. Chicken Merlot with Mushrooms Slow cooked and savory, this dish is perfect for any night of the week, and is sure to become a staple in your home.–Shelli McWilliam of Salem, Oregon TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 4-5 hours on low YIELD:5 servings Ingredients * 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms * 1 large onion, chopped * 2 garlic cloves, minced * 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs * 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste * 3/4 cup chicken broth * 1/4 cup merlot or additional chicken broth * 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca * 2 teaspoons sugar * 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil * 1/2 teaspoon salt * 1/4 teaspoon pepper * 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese * Hot cooked pasta, optional Directions * 1. Place the mushrooms, onion and garlic in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. * 2. In a small bowl, combine the tomato paste, broth, wine, tapioca, sugar, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. * 3. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with pasta if desired Sesame Pork Ribs Recipe No one ever believes how little effort it takes to make these tender, juicy ribs. The flavor of the lightly sweet and tangy sauce penetrates through the meat as the ribs simmer in the slow cooker. -Sandy Alexander, Fayetteville, North Carolina TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 4-5 hours on low YIELD:6 servings Ingredients * 3/4 cup packed brown sugar * 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce * 1/2 cup ketchup * 1/4 cup honey * 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar * 3 garlic cloves, minced * 1 teaspoon salt * 1 teaspoon ground ginger * 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes * 5 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs * 1 medium onion, sliced * 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted * 2 tablespoons chopped green onions Directions * 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add ribs and turn to coat. Place the onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with ribs * 2. and sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. * 3. Place ribs on a serving platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Yield: 5 servings....See More- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Stories

ORGANIZING7-Day Plan: Get a Spotless, Beautifully Organized Kitchen
Our weeklong plan will help you get your kitchen spick-and-span from top to bottom
Full Story
MOST POPULARGet Organized: Take a 10-Day Simplification Challenge
Organizational expert Emily Ley helps us get a jump-start on our New Year’s clear-outs
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGDecluttering Help: What to Do When Nothing ‘Sparks Joy’
If the Marie Kondo phrase doesn’t help you decide what to keep and what to discard, try asking these 4 questions
Full Story
KITCHEN PANTRIES15 Smart Ideas From Beautifully Organized Pantries
See cabinetry and lighting setups that can help keep your food and supplies in good order
Full Story
LIFEDecluttering — How to Get the Help You Need
Don't worry if you can't shed stuff and organize alone; help is at your disposal
Full Story
ORGANIZING10 Principles of Organizing That Work in Every Room
Use these ideas to make it easier to find and put away your things
Full Story
ORGANIZINGGet Organized: Are You a Piler or a Filer?
Tote out the bins and baskets and learn how to be an organized piler if file cabinets leave you cringing
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGDownsizing Help: How to Edit Your Belongings
Learn what to take and what to toss if you're moving to a smaller home
Full Story
ORGANIZING8 Secrets of People With Beautifully Organized Homes
Discover the strategies of people who easily keep their homes orderly while maintaining busy lives
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNGet Organized for Holiday Baking
Before you crack that first egg, establish a game plan for stress-free success
Full Story
cloudychristine