SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Any easy recipes for the crockpot to share?

IdaClaire
8 years ago

I've been using mine about once a week, prepping the meal on Sunday evening so that we have something to look forward to after what is usually a long workday on Monday. I considered investing in a slow cooker recipe book, but there are so many recipes to be found online that I'm not sure it's necessary. Problem is, wading through all those many recipes online! I thought I'd ask the fine folks here if you would share any crockpot recipes that you have particularly enjoyed. Bonus points if they're very easy to prep. :-)

I made Shepherd's Pie this past weekend:

--3 to 4 cups leftover mashed potatoes (I used instant)
--1 lb ground turkey or beef
--2 cloves garlic, chopped
--2 cups frozen vegetables (I used mixed peas and carrots)
--1 medium onion, chopped finely, or 1 T onion flakes
--1/2 tsp seasoned salt
--1/2 tsp onion powder
--1/4 tsp black pepper
--1/4 tsp paprika (then a bit more for garnish)
--1 cup water
--2 cups shredded cheese

I used a 5 quart crockpot, although a 4 quart would be the perfect size. A larger will work, but it will cook faster.

Brown the meat and onion on the stove, mix in garlic and spices, and drain any fat.

Spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking spray. Put the meat in the crockpot and stir in the frozen vegetables, and a cup of water. Add two cups of cheese on top. Press the mashed potatoes down on top of the cheese and meat. Sprinkle with a bit of paprika.

Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for about 3, then remove the lid and cook on high for 30 minutes to release the condensation and allow the potatoes to brown a bit on top. Everything is cooked already, so you're really just allowing the flavors to meld and the potatoes to crustify.

Comments (59)

• tibbrix
    8 years ago

Thanks for this thread, TR. I swiped my parents' never used, vintage Crock Pot recently and want to start using it, esp. in the fall, and esp. for healthy meals and soups.

• Renovator Girl
    8 years ago

maddielee, we make that roast chicken all the time! But, instead of the foil ball, we layer vegetables under the chicken. Try 2" pieces of carrot and parsnip. Doing it this way gives you delicious chicken AND your vegetables for the evening.

• Related Discussions

???re: crockpot beef and pepperincini recipe

Q

Comments (1)
    It's a pretty forgiving recipe. I use the regular size pepper jar that you can find on the grocery shelf. I use low sodium beef broth because the pepperoncini and the seasonings are already salty. Any good bottled regular beer will work. I hope you enjoy it. The recipe is a family favorite at our house.
    ...See More

Converting a recipe for Crockpots

Q

Comments (1)
    That's good info, Beverly. Thanks for sharing it! Linda
    ...See More

Your favorite Crockpot Recipes

Q

Comments (10)
    Here are a few of my family's favorites: LEIGH'S BAKED BEANS FOR CROCKPOT 1 lb. ground beef 1/2 lb. bacon (diced) 1 medium sweet onion (diced) 1 red bell pepper (diced) 1/3 cup white sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup light corn syrup 3/4 cup ketchup 1/2 cup barbeque sauce 1 tsp. each: salt, pepper, chili powder 1 Tblsp. mustard 1 can each: pork and beans, pinto beans, navy beans, and white butter beans. Brown ground beef, bacon, onion, and pepper, drain. Put this in crockpot and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook all day on low heat. SLOW-COOKER ADOBO PORK SANDWICHES WITH ROSEMARY-GARLIC MAYONNAISE 2 cups canned chopped tomatoes, drained 1 Tblsp. brown sugar 1 Tblsp. chili powder 3 Tblsp. red wine vinegar 3 Tblsp. adobo sauce 1 Tblsp. honey 2 garlic cloves, chopped 4-1/2 lbs. pork shoulder 6 sandwich buns Rosemary-Garlic mayonnaise (recipe follows) Toppings: lettuce leaves, tomato slices Process first 7 ingredients in a blender or food processor until mixture is smooth. Cut pork in half, and place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Pour tomato mixture over pork. Cook on HIGH for 8 hours; remove from slow cooker. Cool slightly; shred and serve on buns with Rosemary-Garlic mayonnaise and desired toppings. Yield: 6 servings. Rosemary-Garlic Mayonnaise 1/2 cup mayonnaise 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 Tblsp. chopped fresh or dried rosemary 1 Tblsp. lemon juice 1/8 tsp. salt Stir together all ingredients. Chill. Yield: 1/2 cup. Recipe from Southern Living magazine, Sept. 2001 issue. CROCKPOT MACARONI AND CHEESE 8 oz. elbow macaroni, cooked and drained 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk 1-1/2 cups milk 2 eggs 1 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. pepper Place cooked macaroni in slow cooker that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Reserve 1 cup cheese; add rest of cheese and the other ingredients to the macaroni. Mix well. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cook on HIGH at least 2-1/2 hours. Do not remove cover or stir until ready to serve. Recipe courtesy of Mr. Food. CROCKPOT CHINESE PEPPER STEAK 1-1/2 lbs. steak (any cheap cut) 2 Tblsp. vegetable oil 1 clove garlic, minced 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce 1 tsp. sugar 1 cup bean sprouts 1 cup tomatoes, diced 2 green peppers, sliced in strips 1 Tblsp. cornstarch 2 Tblsp. water 1 large onion, cut in chunks Cut steak in strips. Brown steak in oil. Mix garlic, salt, soy sauce, and sugar; pour over steak. Cook 6 hours on low in crockpot. Turn to high and add sprouts, tomatoes, green peppers, and onion. Dissolve cornstarch in water and add for thickening. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour. Serve over hot cooked rice.
    ...See More

RECIPE: butter beans in a crockpot

Q

Comments (4)
    I'm not a bean lover but the recipe below should give you the method. Just add the ham hock to it (along with whatever other ingredients you like.) Here is a link that might be useful: Crockpot Beans
    ...See More
  • OutsidePlaying
    8 years ago

I also do the roast chicken with vegetables (usually carrots and other root veggies) under the chicken. I put a few sprigs of rosemary and some celery in the cavity.

My DH loves pot roast, so I will do that too. I brown mine on the gas grill, then use a half package of onion soup mix, a Tbsp Worchestershire sauce, a cup of brewed coffee (optional), and a tsp of beef bouillion (I use the Better than Bouillion brand in a jar or you can use 1 cube). Add carrots, potatoes and 1 onion cut into large wedges. I cook on low about 8 hrs but slow cookers vary. You can shred the leftovers for roast beef sandwiches (French dip, philly steak and cheese or whatever).

• User
    8 years ago

I'm not a fan of crockpot food at all, but made shredded bbq pork in one a few months back. I got the recipe from Pinterest and it was pretty tastey but I suspect living in Texas you already have a favorite recipe for that. You probably already know too that when it comes to recipes, Pinterest is the best!

• tibbrix
    8 years ago

Ain't "Pinterest" a fightin' word in these here parts?

• busybee3
    8 years ago

i like mine best for making chili and red or black beans and rice and i'm using dried beans- i don't usually soak them if i'm using the crock pot...

i love it when bringing something like chili or soup to a pot luck.

i also like it when making pork for pulled pork.

but, i'm home usually, so i find it easier usually to just cook on the stove or grill or use the oven...

• IdaClaire
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you all so much for sharing! I so appreciate the recipes and links to recipes, and I'm going to be perusing everything in detail as soon as I have more than a few minutes to devote. I really like that we can get at least two meals out of one crock pot recipe. Well, usually we can. The shepherd's pie produced 1-1/4, since DH kept going back for seconds and thirds the first night we had it. I also recently made a really yummy creamy spaghetti that was so easy (and surely quite fattening, but deliciously worth every calorie). I like that cleanup after a crock pot meal is usually pretty minimal too.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    8 years ago

For me, the best part of the crock pot is it's like have a maid. You cook in the a.m. and then can come home to a freshly made dinner, hot and smelling good, no fuss, no muss. The bad part is, now that I'm home, I find I get hungry all day as it smells so good while it's cooking.

• IdaClaire
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Good points, Annie! My DH is home during the day, and on crock pot days, he'll text me at least a couple of times and tell me how good it smells. No wonder he goes back for seconds (and thirds). Poor guy has been olfactorily tortured all afternoon.

• tuesday_2008
    8 years ago

I had an old, ancient Rival crock pot that I could not stand to use. My DD talked me in to upgrading to a 6 quart Hamilton Beach with digital controls, a lock-down lid, gasket around the lid which really holds in the heat. Since I started using this new crock pot, I have had awesome meals. I love to cook a whole turkey breast (it gets so tender and juicy), whole chickens, roasts, 1/2 pork tenderloins, dried beans. Sometimes I have to do a little carving or trimming to get the whole turkey breast to fit. We have also had some great country style ribs (the kind with big chunks of meat). I can even get round steak tender in my crock pot! I cut it in serving pieces and cook just like a pot roast with seasonings, potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery. Sometimes I just cook it plain, shred when done, add some barbeque sauce, simmer on low for a while longer for awesome barbeque.

We have a nephew who raises beef cattle and keeps us well supplied with beef so I get creative with my crock pot. For most of my beef roasts and round steak, I add about a cup of beef broth, a bay leaf, salt and pepper.

• OutsidePlaying
    8 years ago

Hey, TR, I meant to thank you for the Shepherd's Pie recipe in your OP! DH loves anything with mashed potatoes, & I love finding a new slow cooker recipe so bonus for me! Yep, can understand, because mine is home too. I probably won't get much because he'll be dipping into it before I get home!

• Bunny
    8 years ago

I rarely use my crock pot but had to buy a huge one from Costco (for just me) because it was such a great deal.

I'm amazed that you get something like rotisserie chicken out of one. It thought it needed dry heat to get all brown and crispy. Doesn't the moisture within the closed crock pot braise it?

• maddielee
    8 years ago

The skin is not all brown and crispy like on some rotisserie chickens. The meat is juicy and flavorful. It's important not to place the chicken directly on the bottom of the crockpot. You don't want it stewing in its on juice.

• User
    8 years ago

Our housekeeper makes chili or soup once a week during the colder months. I will have to let her know about the chicken, we don't eat the skin anyway and I too am worried about all the chemicals (flavorings?) that are apparently injected into those rotisserie chickens. I have a recipe for beef stroganoff for the crockpot that we've used a few times and it tasted exactly like the dish made the conventional way. I still have the old Rival crockpots, a small and a large, in white with green ivy screenprinted on them, and I'd love to replace them with new stainless steel models but the old ones still work just fine.

• User
    8 years ago

Tib, what do you mean? I missing something.. (as usual lol)

• bpath
    8 years ago

Tinam61, thanks for the pork tenderloin recipe, made it today! It was delicious! It turned out very shred able which I wasn't expecting. We had it with couscous, and that was a good combination. Thanks!

• patty Vinson
    8 years ago

Lukkiirish, Pinterest is a site where ideas can be found aplenty! Ideas for used pallets, bedroom decorating, rooms with red furniture, ideas for old lace, crafts, etc, etc, etc. I can only imagine the crock pot recipes so it's usually best to be very specific...example, chicken crock pot recipes. Pinterest is da bomb! ;)

• patty Vinson
    8 years ago

Mtn, there is no chicken better than organic from whole foods! My first purchase was about 8 years when I was making chicken and dumplings for dinner guests~4 breasts were $27! With that said, it was a very well spend $27 and I am now spoiled for life. I think nothing of paying $80 for an organic turkey since I know it will be absolutely delish and not a bit will be wasted. Some things are just worth the money, good food being #1 in my book.

• User
    8 years ago

I love cooking in my crockpot because I put it in the garage where I don't have to deal with the smell of long-term cooking. I've made chicken stock in the crockpot with great success because of the long duration. Any sort of broth (beef, chicken, seafood) can be much better accomplished in slow, low, long cooking, and it's infinitely better for you than any broth or stock from the store.

I have a local source of good chickens (organic free range and all that). Here's one I recently did and highly recommend. Afterward, I made chicken soup with this broth and it was the best broth I ever had.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-chicken-stock-in-the-slow-cooker-223252

• Annie Deighnaugh
    8 years ago

I use the crockpot now for all the holiday dinners as it leaves the oven free for all the casseroles.

Just note that, for example, when I make a beef stew, I zap the vegetables to par cook them first as, for whatever reason, the vegetables stay crispy...too crispy...while the meat gets super tender. You'd think it'd be the other way around but it isn't. And that's despite the fact that the veggies are on the bottom and the meat on top.

Mom used to use her crockpot to make polenta. She'd also use it when she made her stuffed cabbage, rather than baking it or having it in a pot on the stove.

Kielbasa appetizer comes out so good...I have a little crock pot for that. I use half the quantity listed for the sauce as it makes plenty. I serve it on rye bread and my Polish cousins chow down on it like crazy.

• IdaClaire
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I make no apologies for not possessing a gourmet palate. ;-) I enjoy simple, easy-to-prepare meals without a lot of fussy ingredients, and that's part of the reason I find crock pot cooking appealing. It's not for everyone, but I again thank those who have shared their special recipes (or processes). I think I'm going to make runninplace's BBQ chicken over the weekend. Just the thought of it makes my mouth water.

• grammaj_gw
    8 years ago

This Angel Chicken is favorite at our house. I use Penne pasta for the pasta and have substituted chicken broth for the wine. I also use 8 oz of cream cheese instead of the 4 oz.

http://crockingirls.com/recipes/angel-chicken/

I love to use my crock pot for make ahead meals.

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    8 years ago

Annie - what mustard do you use when you make the kielbasa appetizer?

seagrass

• runninginplace
    8 years ago

I think for some foods, a slow cooker is a great tool--TR, I'm going to make the bbq chicken for a family dinner this weekend; it really is delicious! If I had more time and energy to spend cooking than I do at this point in my life, I might not be as inclined to use a slow cooker but what it does, it does well :).

• OutsidePlaying
    8 years ago

I also use mine for apple butter. It makes it so easy. The hardest part is the peeling of the apples, and if you happen to have one of those apple peeler thingies, then you're all set.. You can almost cook it as long as you want, getting it as thick as you want. And your house smells so good!

• IdaClaire
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Here's a super easy one that I just got from a coworker. Haven't tried it yet, but I will!

Crock Pot Peach Cobbler

2 21-oz cans of peach pie filling

1 box vanilla cake mix

8 oz unsalted butter cut into pieces

1/3 cup walnuts (optional)

Put in slow cooker in the order listed above and do not stir.

Cook on high for 2-1/2 hours. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Can also be made with other fruit fillings.

• tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM
    8 years ago

I like this recipe for chicken tikka masala. I often make a double batch and keep some in the freezer. Most of the time I use it for things like broth, polenta, bolognese sauce, or a big batch of dried beans to freeze. The blog that centered around 365 days of slow cooking is fun because I appreciate the way she evaluates recipes after trying them, I believe she also has a cookbook in print.

• User
    8 years ago

TR, real peach cobbler is actually just as easy and takes less than half the time. That recipe sounds like "dump cake." A friend used to make it with cherry pie filling and believe me, isn't worth the trouble!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    8 years ago

seagrass, I use Kosciusko mustard.

• IdaClaire
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I've made dump cake, and I realize a cobbler can be made in 30 minutes or less. But occasionally I like to put something on to cook in the crock pot and let it do its thing while I get on with my day. I find it nice to have something to come back to a little later in the day.

• User
    8 years ago

Patty Vinson, I agree, I have thousands of pins and am always amazed at the things one can find there.. I'm sure Tib was joking around...it just went over my head..

• bpath
    8 years ago

I'm in the "a crockpot is the next best thing to a personal cook" boat!

• gramarows
    8 years ago

So far my favorite crock pot recipes are beef stew and spaghetti sauce with meatballs. For the spaghetti sauce and mb recipe, I start with chopped onions, then add 3 large BPA-free cans of organic crushed tomatoes, some with garlic/herbs, ( I preheat them in the microwave nearly to boiling), add one can/jar of tomato paste, a teaspoon or more of sugar, add several minced garlic cloves, spices to taste - oregano, italian seasoning, etc., then drop in (raw) small to medium-small meatballs. I mix 2 or more lbs. grass fed beef, finely chopped onion, parmesan cheese, fresh bread crumbs, garlic powder, more oregano and other spices. It's fabulous and makes plenty to freeze if desired.

• Bunny
    8 years ago

kswl2, care to share your beef stroganoff recipe?

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    8 years ago

@kswl2: What is your description of real peach cobbler. And would you share your recipe, please.

• busybee3
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

gramarows- i never thought of making spaghetti and meatballs in a crockpot... i have always browned my meatballs when making them. you don't miss the browned texture? i might have to try that recipe this weekend! also, even when i use lower fat beef, i seem to get fat that i need to drain off -- does fat collect on top with this recipe?

'real' cobbler to me is made from scratch and with fresh fruit...

• sealavender
    8 years ago

I do a pork tenderloin in salsa verde. I add onions, cilantro, cumin, a clove of garlic, maybe a little chicken broth, and a bit of jalapeno. If I have time, I will brown the meat with some of the onions. I leave it on low, then shred it when I come home and serve with corn tortillas, more cilantro, tomato, maybe avocado. It's a crock pot take on something I saw in Sunset magazine.

• gramarows
    8 years ago

busybee - there is very little fat as I use very lean beef, but if there is any left, it's easy to remove it after the sauce is chilled. As far as browning the meatballs, even when I used to make it on the stove, the meatballs were never browned first. My mother made it that way for years after getting the recipe as a newlywed in the 40's from a very old Italian neighbor. Since I've never browned my meatballs, I don't know how they may differ! If you try this way, I'd love to hear what you think.

• IdaClaire
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Runningplace, I made your BBQ chicken on Friday and it was delicious! I used a little more BBQ sauce than was called for, because we like it nice and saucy/zesty. I will definitely be making it again.

• OutsidePlaying
    8 years ago

I'm not kswl, but here is one recipe for peach cobbler. I sort of wing it when it comes to cobblers. You can Google it all day long and find lots of recipes. The secret, IMO, is to find some really good sweet, juicy peaches. Some people cook the filling prior to adding the crust, some don't. If the peaches are really juicy I do on occasion, just depends on how much time I have. I also use a refrigerated crust most times to save time, but a homemade crust is yummy and really not hard.

1/4 cup butter

7 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (about 7 cups, 3 lb.)

1 cup sugar

2 tablespoons cornstarch (or 2 tablespoons flour)

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts (1 piecrust)

Optional:

1 egg white, lightly beaten

1 tablespoon sugar

1. Preheat oven to 450°. If you have a cast iron dutch oven you can use it for the cobbler. If not, melt butter in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add peaches, 1 cup sugar, and next 3 ingredients; bring to a low boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 7 to 8 minutes.

2. Unroll piecrust on a flat surface. Add peaches to a deep baking dish (or can use the cast iron dutch oven). Roll pastry to fit dish and pinch into place on sides or edges, pierce with fork. Can cut into lattice strips instead if desired.

3. Whisk together egg white and 1 Tbsp. water. Brush pastry with egg mixture; sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. sugar after placing on top of cobbler.

4. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden.

OR

If you do not cook the filling ahead of time, do everything in paragraph 1 except don't melt the butter, just put pats of butter on top of the filling. Then put the crust on top of the filling and bake at 425 deg for around 45-50 min. If crust starts to get too brown, cover with foil for last few minutes of baking until filling is bubbly.

• runninginplace
    8 years ago

TR, glad you enjoyed it. I made it for a family dinner last night and everybody seemed to like it. Used a new variety of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and it was a nice change; more mustardy/pulled chicken style than the usual dark/sweet sauce.

• gramarows
    8 years ago

Sealavender, that tenderloin sounds so good - I want to try it! so it is ok to not brown the pork? Does the meat have to be fully covered?

I want to try the Shepard's pie and some of the other recipes; they all sound so good! Is there a way to bookmark threads on our Houzz page?

• bossyvossy
    8 years ago

Grammaj posted a link to a recipe from Crockin girls. Chicken breasts, mushroom soup, cream cheese and wine. Sounded superb. I'm afraid the wine curdled the soup and cream cheese. I got an upset stomach from it. My input for those who might consider trying. Might be better to use chicken stock instead of wine. But besides the above, no flavor and no better than just boiling breasts in water. I do wanted this to be a success, I'm desperate for inventive and tasty chicken recipes.

• busybee3
    8 years ago

gramarows- made spaghetti and meatballs in the crockpot and it turned out really delicious!! so easy and i loved not browning the meatballs 1st!! thanks! :)

• sealavender
    8 years ago

gramarows - sorry I missed this. Browning the meat is nice but not crucial; it does not have to be covered. I usually shred it and eat it with tortillas and avocado.

• gramarows
    8 years ago

Busybee -sorry I missed your response - I'm so glad you liked it!!!!

Thanks sealavendar! I won't be able to try it for a few weeks given the crazy busy plans coming up. but I can't wait to try it when things calm down!

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    8 years ago

Thank you so much, OutsidePlaying, for the peach cobbler recipe. It sounds delicious.

• badgergal
    8 years ago

I have made the 2 following crock pot recipes on several occasions. Last weekend both recipes were used for our annual neighborhood party. Both entrees were made at 7 houses. The 56 attendees gave both rave reviews.

Chicken Merlot with Mushrooms

Slow cooked and savory, this dish is perfect for any night of the week, and is sure to become a staple in your home.–Shelli McWilliam of Salem, Oregon

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 4-5 hours on low

YIELD:5 servings

Ingredients

* 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms

* 1 large onion, chopped

* 2 garlic cloves, minced

* 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs

* 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste

* 3/4 cup chicken broth

* 1/4 cup merlot or additional chicken broth

* 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca

* 2 teaspoons sugar

* 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1/4 teaspoon pepper

* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

* Hot cooked pasta, optional

Directions

* 1. Place the mushrooms, onion and garlic in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken.

* 2. In a small bowl, combine the tomato paste, broth, wine, tapioca, sugar, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.

* 3. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with pasta if desired

Sesame Pork Ribs Recipe

No one ever believes how little effort it takes to make these tender, juicy ribs. The flavor of the lightly sweet and tangy sauce penetrates through the meat as the ribs simmer in the slow cooker. -Sandy Alexander, Fayetteville, North Carolina

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 4-5 hours on low

YIELD:6 servings

Ingredients

* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar

* 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce

* 1/2 cup ketchup

* 1/4 cup honey

* 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar

* 3 garlic cloves, minced

* 1 teaspoon salt

* 1 teaspoon ground ginger

* 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

* 5 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs

* 1 medium onion, sliced

* 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted

* 2 tablespoons chopped green onions

Directions

* 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add ribs and turn to coat. Place the onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with ribs

* 2. and sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.

* 3. Place ribs on a serving platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Yield: 5 servings.