SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Food floof! Favorites!

amylou321
last year

I think most people have a rotation of recipes that they use over and over for everyday meals. What dishes do you think you make more than anything else?

I have a couple go tos. I make hamburger steak and gravy quite a bit and serve it over rice with gravy or with mashed potatoes and with some sort of green veggie. I probably make it at least once a week because its easy, fairly quick and I can throw it together before I leave for work.

Another one is chicken and rice. Its just yellow rice, plunked down on a plate, and topped with chicken, onion, and bell peppers which I have cooked until almost charred with lots of seasonings. I grate Monterey jack over the top. Again, same reasons, quick, easy, and good. Its a riff on a dish SO likes to get from a certain Mexican restaurant, which is actually pretty far away. He says my version is better but I of course he would say that now wouldn't he?

On days I do not want to think about what to make, I make cheeseburgers and fries.

I make SO the same breakfast probably 99 percent of the time. A sausage, egg and cheese sandwich on toasted cinnamon raisin bread.

What are your top dishes?

Comments (36)