SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisacb95

Muted green backsplash?

L C
last year

Our kitchen renovation is almost complete with the backsplash/wall paint being the only decision left. Cabinets are Ikea Axstad in matte white, black soapstone (stormy black) that has greenish and white veining, and our floors are matte maple hardwood that was supposed to be a light brown but instead we received a shade that is much lighter and pulls pink depending on the time of day/sun/shade. I originally was thinking I’d do a glossy neutral light putty colour backsplash which I really like and think it can work with the cool white tone of cabinets (the one on the bottom) but I really love the mint green. The area to be done is about 15ft long, about 7ft of which I was thinking of either taking up all the way to the ceiling and adding wooden shelf or only halfway up to a wooden shelf then paint the rest of wall. I’m wondering if it’s too much green, or if its going to pull even more pink from the floors? The rest of our living area and style is very neutral, maybe the green is so appealing because it’s giving some colour?

Comments (15)