SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Gardeners, what are you harvesting?

Kathsgrdn
last year
last modified: last year

What flowers are blooming in your garden? My salvia and coreopsis are blooming and they're so pretty. The short daisies are starting to bud out too. I love daisies. Will have to thin my Shastas this year, though, they're really starting to encroach on other periennials in the garden.

I just harvested some greens, chard, spinach, kale, along with a few snow peas and tiny carrots I'm slowly thinning out. Strawberries are starting to produce too. I've also gotten a couple handfuls of new purple potatoes.

I still have another large bed to put together. I started to do it the other day but one of the side peices was missing. The company said they would ship it this week. I also dug out two huge flower pots I "found" in my shed. I'm going to start some bee balm in one and pot a Mexican sunflower in the other, put them under the windows out front. I took out bushes there two years ago and black plastic/mulched the area to kill them completely out. It looks really bare so hoping it helps.

I have a big growing tunnel on the side of the house and everything is sprouting. The only thing climbing it right now, though, are snow peas.

How about your garden?

Comments (26)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus