SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovefrappe

Updating dining room - color and rug to start

lovefrappe
last year
last modified: last year

The dining room is the last room in the house that needs my attention. My style is a mix between transitional with some modern pieces. This dining room is a hand me down. I don't want to change the floors even though they are very cherry. I'm hoping to get some help on dining room paint color and style/color of rug for under the table. I'm thinking of getting the server painted but may buy a new one. The dining room table/chairs is too big of a purchase to replace right now. I'd like to keep the wall art , chandelier and sconces. But open to a different lamp style if that will brighten up the room.

The curtains - thinking of white sheer to go about the arch or switching to plantation shutters that I have throughout the house. Open for other suggestions.

The rest of the house is painted SW Crushed Ice, sort of an open concept home other than this long room. The other furniture in the house is the following: camel leather sofa in family room, ivory sofa in living room, orange, blues and greys as the accent colors. Blue/grey rugs in the other rooms.

So, I'd like the color in this room to be along those lines when making changes to the wall color. Please help. I'm stumped.

Comments (4)