SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jpmom

Updating my dining room - advice needed!

jpmom
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

One project always leads to another. :)

When we set out on our kitchen project, I knew that I would also make some minor changes in our DR.

I hastily removed the old rug and didn't get a before photo of the whole room - this is all I really have to share:

Here is the new rug:

First and foremost -- what do you think?

It reads heavy on the gray in the photo - but the large medallion is comprised of two shades of blue and a camel color. The small medallion is a washed out steel blue.

If the rug passes with you GW experts - great. If not, I'll consider another...

Here are the changes I wish to make. Lets go with "The Rug Stays"

1. New chandelier - What kind of style? -- this is one of the more important elements of the update. (note my fixture in the LR - it's pretty bold, so I don't want to repeat a barrel shape here)

2. Seat cushions (had them before, could live without, but I think I need something for a pop of color)

3. Paint the sideboard in front of the window. But what color?

4. Tall lamp for sideboard - thinking just one? Or just accessorize with things I already have… (I love the lamp on that long table - but I think it's too short.)

5. Something new for narrow wall where that long table is- thinking an etagere? At least something tall. Can't be more than 15" deep.

6. Will be willing to do new end chairs

Things that I won't change:

Table and 4 side chairs

Window treatments

Color of built in hutch

More photos of space:

Little table to replace:

Saw this - and it will fit -- (just the center piece)

whatta ya think?

Terrible photo - I'm sorry. Built in hutch

Dining room opens up to our Living Room:

View from LR to DR:

View from DR to LR

Dining room opens up to FR (doorway has pocket doors)

Since I have quite a few things I want to do, I may make separate posts for each.

I was going to hire a decorator - but I think I can handle this myself -- with your help, of course!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia