SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foodonastump

Weird thing happened (medical)

foodonastump
last year
last modified: last year

Last night I was eating pizza on the sofa and I went to get up to do something with the pool. Before I even stood up I realized something was wrong; my head felt weird. I stood up and I felt not dizzy, but lightheaded. Best way I can describe it was like being on whippits. I carefully went outside to do what I was gonna do, came back in and I was still feeling the same. Took my blood pressure and it was up around 190. Told my wife to take me to the ER.

Now 99.9% of the time something like this would surely resolve itself the moment I checked into the ER, but this time it didn’t. Chest x-ray, blood work, EKG, CT scan, found nothing. BP came down somewhat, they had me get up and I was still lightheaded, and my BP shot back up. They gave me something IV and when it got down under 150 I figured there was no more reason to hang out, and they were ok with me going home. Checked BP right before bed and was 163 to I took my normal pill.

Woke up this morning with a splitting headache but no more lightheadedness. Fell back asleep for four hours, it’s noon now and still have the headache. BP slightly elevated but not concerning. No idea what this could be, but I figure they checked all the big ticket items so I’ll just go about my day as best as I can. Weird.

Comments (53)