SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_528228756

Outdoor Patio Cooking Grill Layout Options

HU-528228756
2 years ago

Building a home. We did not elect to have an 'outdoor kitchen'. But they left in the plans a place for a grill. We're not big into grilling but who knows... Basically I can select some granite and if I like they'll leave a cut-out for a built-in unit and they'll put doors down below. Or I can skip some or all of it and get a credit back... A gas drop is also scheduled to go in this corner along w/ a plug.

Since I'm not sure how much we'll use it - rather than spending more $ on a built-in and being stuck with it (maybe rarely use it - maybe love and wish I'd gotten more burners, features...) - was considering a stand alone... thoughts?

On a related note (for an upcharge) they suggest a 'leathered' granite surface vs polished.

Option A - have them put in a countertop and leave a gas drop and later at my convenience can shop around and buy a stand alone grill... I'd get a decent amount of countertop space too.

Option B - I'd have to select a built-in grill now. They are a little more expensive (and quickly get a lot more expensive) but don't know much here. Putting it on the side like this is pretty tight - would have to eliminate the stone siding (blue) and/or pull it back from the edge...

Option C - essentially a built in facing to the back - same place as a stand-alone might go.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH