Sunday's Brain Game-----Solution

Jasdip
last year
last modified: last year

Comments (33)

• roxsol
    last year

Good, good morning! Slept with the window open last night and feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

Thanks for the puzzle, Jasdip

• bpath
    last year

Good morning! What a nice perk-up on a grey morning. I still need 1, 9, 10, 11. (And I feel like I should have 1 already, so it may take me awhile to get over that feeling and actually solve it). And for once, I have the bonus!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

Good morning! A little late getting the puzzle out to you, I went for my walk with 2 friends (1.25 hours) this morning before it warms up.

• lettersatoz
    last year

Hi everyone - Happy Sunday! I have everything except 6 and 9.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    last year

Same here.

tj

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

I've been meaning to do this for a while, and then I forget.

Welcome, tsugajunkie to the brain game. Glad you have you!!

I had to search what tsuga means, and I see that you love evergreens :-)

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    last year

Thank you. It is fun to be here. I have been on gardenweb since ’06 but only recently on The Kitchen Table. And yes, I have a thing for conifers…especially in winter.

tj

• patriciae_gw
    last year

At least I have the bonus this time.

• bpath
    last year

Funny how after a little time away, an answer or two jump right out at you. Or at me, anyway. I still need 11, so maybe it'll jump over coffee in the morning!

Hi, tsugajunkie!

• OutsidePlaying
    last year

I just looked at these late last night. I seem to recall having #9 in a previous puzzle but i cannot remember it now. I do have the bonus for a change but i still need 6, 9 and 11.

• roxsol
    last year

I’m confident I have them all.

Today is World Penguin Day. 🐧

This day is starting out on a good note.🤠

• lettersatoz
    last year

I just got 9! Now I just need 6....

• roxsol
    last year

I believe we have had this puzzle before. There was some discussion on how #6 was shown. (Maybe the discussion only happened in my head, though)

If it was illustrated differently it would be better. Voila! an easy solve then.

• lettersatoz
    last year

Oh wait.....is the middle letter an 'o' or a 'c'? When I enlarge the picture, I'm seeing it as an 'o', but as I just caught a glimpse of it not enlarged, it occurs to me it may be a "c"....and if it is, then I have the answer!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

#6 is a C

• lettersatoz
    last year

Well then there ya go!!! I have them all!! Thank you, Jasdip!!!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

Yeah, I wonder if we have had this one before now that it's been mentioned. Oh well, whether we did or not, it's something for you all to do and hope that some have short memories. LOL

• blfenton
    last year

I don't think we've had this one before. Or at least not this specific puzzle but we've had some of the questions. I don;t have 3 or 8 yet BUT I actually think I might have the Bonus and that will be a first for me..

• OutsidePlaying
    last year

I think i have 6 and 9, now just need 11.

• roxsol
    last year

LOL Jasdip! It is a good thing we have short memories. We can hide our own Easter eggs and stuff like that. Your puzzles are always fun to look at.🤠

DON’T OPEN THIS LINK IF YOU ARE STILL WORKING ON THE PUZZLE!!!!!

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/6191753/sunday-s-brain-game-solution#n=33

The conversation about about #6 must have been all in my head. 😜

I’ve got them all. It is a good day for sure.

• lettersatoz
    last year

rox, that's hilarious -- that was only 6 months ago.....that I don't remember it at all is more than a little scary. Also, now I'm not particularly impressed with myself for getting them all, except for the bonus I suppose, though it sounds like everyone got it this time. And here I thought I was so smart --- lol!!!! (and by the way, my answer today to 6 today is still not exact, though it is on the same idea.)

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

I'm winding down on the puzzles. Some of the ones remaining are Sports oriented. I'm not sure everyone knows sports, but I'll try and see how it goes.

• roxsol
    last year

Oh, Jasdip! I have a lot of fun doing these puzzles but I think it is totally understandable if you need a break from posting them. I admire how you manage to be so dedicated to regularly posting them. 🤠

You always do a good job.

• blfenton
    last year

Oh we have done that before and I don't remember. Well, based on that then, Jasdip can just start from the first puzzle and it will be completely new for me!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

Rox, I'm winding down, in that my source has reached the end. I can do some more noodling, but it's difficult to puzzles with the answers. Many you have to pay for!

LOL Blfenton!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

1. Quarterback
    2. Half-cocked
    3. Mindlessness

4. Last Straw
    5. Basketweaving
    6. Disappearing Act

7. Eliminate
    8. Surplus Goods
    9. Blackout

10. Black-eyed Peas
    11. Mixed Company
    12. Diminishing Returns

13. Once Upon a Time
    14. Curling Iron
    15. Split Pea Soup

And the bonus........Knight in shining armor

• blfenton
    last year

Yea! I actually got the Bonus! Finally

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

Me too!

• lettersatoz
    last year

Ok so I did get 6 exactly….last time it was vanishing act!

• Rusty
    last year

I thought some of them looked familiar, but I didn't realize the whole puzzle was a repeat. I missed 9 this time, and probably last time, too, I don't remember what I had then.

But I did get the bonus this time! The second or third time I looked at it, about to give up on it, it just jumped out at me.

I can certainly understand you wanting to wind down, Jasdip, you've been doing this for quite some time now. And I appreciate that you've done it, it's been fun. But pay for the puzzles to post here? Ridiculous!

Rusty

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

I'll keep doing it as long as I can.....not for me physically, but as long as I can find puzzles to post. I love giving you another puzzle to exercise your brains.

• lettersatoz
    last year

^ And we love them too, obviously, and you too for posting these for so long, without even getting to play along! When you run out, you run out.....we'll totally be ok with that. With the proliferation of all of the "dles", I think we'll be ok. (wordle, heardle, foodle, quardle, octordle, sedecordle, word hurdle, hurdle......not to mention all of the math and geography ones that I'm not smart enough to tackle!)