SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Sunday's Brain Game-----SOLUTION!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

It's probably very hard to see the small word in C1. I tried expanding the pic but it wouldn't. elim is the word

Comments (33)

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Some came immediately, others took a minute, right now I’m left with act and colors…

• bpath
    2 years ago

Need A3, C2 and C3, and D1— lots of ideas for it but nothing sticks.

Need the Bonus, too. Again, lots of ideas, just waiting for them to gel.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Agree, some came very quickly, some I had to think about. I am left with the colors and D1. FOAS, I have something for act, actually 2 things. Not sure which one I like best.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I don’t know D1 yet, but it would be a good name for an elephant-type Pokémon.

Talking them out with DS, I got A3, C2, and the Bonus.

Still need the colors, and of course the elephant Pokemon. Which, now that it’s in my head, I’ll never get right.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Heads up......The colour red has nothing to do with the answers. I don't know why they are printed that way.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Got most of them right off the bat. No luck yet with B3, C3, D1 and the bonus.

Rusty

• Lars
    2 years ago

The only one I do not have is D1. The rest came to me rather quickly. The bonus was especially easy this time.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Oh I just figured out D1! Now if i could get the colors. I have some ideas for C3 but totally unsure.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

On deli line, got colors. Now just need to get my act together.

Ha, just thought of something that works but not convinced.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I have something for the colors but I’m not confident. Yet.

foas, it’s too soon for hints so I’m going to assume the deli thing is some autocorrect shenanigans.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I'm thinking we've had B3, or one very similar, in a previous puzzle. And if my guess for C3 is right, it's one of those 'why did it take me so long' kind of things.

Still need to figure out the bonus. It looks like it should be so simple, and I should know it, but durned if I can figure it out. Yet.

Rusty

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I'm still missing B3 and C2.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

“foas, it’s too soon for hints so I’m going to assume the deli thing is some autocorrect shenanigans.”

LOL no, I was on line at the deli counter waiting to get cold cuts. Got ticket 111, they were on 104. Literally a half hour later, to the minute, they called 108. I left. What a waste of time. Except that during that time I pulled up today’s puzzle and got the colors one.

I’ve still got nothing convincing for B3.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

A little late to the party….

I have something for B3, though not convinced it’s right. I have nothing for D1. I think I have everything else.

• bpath
    2 years ago

It’s Hint Day! Any hints for C3 and D1?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

C3 is the only one I'm missing....

• Rusty
    2 years ago

How 'bout a hint (or 2) for the bonus?

Rusty

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

HINTS HINTS HINTS

I had C3 last night but I was really drunk and now I can’t remember.

My scrambled brain doesn’t remember D1 either.

Not sure I have the bonus right, but regardless you couldn’t afford to buy my hint.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Foas hahahaha! Thanks. One more to go, that elephant Pokémon is like a monkey on my back.

Edit: got it! (Once I read your hangover woes, I rewrote it in alphabetical order and I welcomed the answer right in.)

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Thanks, FOAS, got D1!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I now have answers for everything but C3 and the bonus.

I could be wrong, tho - it's happened before 😄

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Good hints, FOAS. They fit my answers for C3 and D1 pretty good. But I'm still drawing a blank on the bonus, and your hint for it is Greek to me. Guess my brain is on vacation again today. Any other, easier hints? ? ?

Rusty

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Thanks FOAS, I believe i now have C3. Have to laugh as it was nowhere near where i was going with an answer.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Quarterback

Half-cocked

Mindlessness

Last straw

Basketweaving

Vanishing act

Eliminate

Surplus goods

Blackout

Mixed company

Split pea soup

Once upon a time

How did you do with the bonus???

Within your income

• terezosa / terriks
    2 years ago

Thanks for reposting the game with the answers!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I remembered, Terezosa!

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I didn't get vanishing act or the bonus. I figured the bonus had to have two placement words (i.e with and in) but just couldn't make it work.

Actually I didn't get blackout either - I called it colour within the lines.

mmm - I guess I didn't do very well this week. There's always Sunday.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Oh, man, I had ”breaking up the act”. For vanishing act, i’d have expected the letters to fade out. Oh well, the rest had my brain working!

Thanks again, jasdip! and thanks foas, for the hints :)

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I should have spent more time on the basket - I had “hanging basket” which in retrospect isn’t great.

I also had “act broken up” which I knew was wrong.

Rest I got, incl bonus.

Thanks as always, see you Wed!

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I didn’t get vanishing act either - got everything else though!

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I too missed Act - I had Act the Part. I wasnt thrilled with my answer. I also was originally thinking box of crayons or coloring inside the lines, but didnt like either of those answers because Black was outside. Then FOAS posted a clue that made me change my answer to the correct one.

Got everything else. Good fun as usual, Jasdip!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Also had 'breaking up the act', along with '8 minute mile'. Never did get C3 or the bonus.

I hope you never stop sharing these Jasdip - they're such fun!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

That bonus was a clever one! ! ! It sure had me stumped. I did get all the rest of them, for a change, yay me! ! ! I'm pretty sure there was one in a fairly recent puzzle very similar to the 'act' one here, 'sort of' remembering it is how I figured this one out. It's almost Wednesday! Yippee!

Rusty